2016 Campbell River Reports

Fished the lighthouse and the hump for a couple of hours this evening. One grey cod that we decided to keep. It had to have been the smelliest fish I've ever filleted. Where are the springs and coho?

We were out south of the green can with the fleet from 9:30-2:00 got one undersized and a marbled 23# fighter. Not many nets but it was a good morning.

Fished around the green can first light, lots of bait but no keepers. Dragged the edge of the shoal to Francisco point nothing.
Moved to the hump for awhile and still nothing. Tried plugs to start than changed to a variety of hootchies with green flasher. Slow for me, hopefully it improves soon.

Heading out on Friday with my wife heading to the Laughing Oyster on Saturday night.
Will likely be hitting Stuart Is., Lewis and Sarah Pt. on the way over.
Reports have been quiet lately, hopefully I will have something to say on Monday other than the meal was fantastic!

Heading out on Friday with my wife heading to the Laughing Oyster on Saturday night.
Will likely be hitting Stuart Is., Lewis and Sarah Pt. on the way over.
Reports have been quiet lately, hopefully I will have something to say on Monday other than the meal was fantastic!

The Laughing O is some tasty stuff. It sounds like your coming the other way but a nice hali came from Baker's pass on Monday.

Ton's of bait near Francisco Pt and shallow too so prime for jigging. Some nice ones came into Pacific Playgrounds last night - 12lb and 20lb, both caught jigging with Zingers...

any word from browns bay/chatham point area...? Looking on heading out for a day or 2 next week.....sounds pretty spotty out there, wonder if a guy should go up that way or stick to the hump/green can......?

Fished around the red can and lighthouse early morning, one hatchery coho and 15lb. spring. Word is that fish have started to move into the area.

Apparently it still slow. I can't confirm but there were limits caught on the red side over the weekend. Rumors?

this year around C.R has been a grind. Caught 2 springs May 23 8lb and 14. Thought it was gonna be another epic year.
Been out tons since and got nothing but shakers. Got another 14 last nite. Never have I seen so many jelly fish. Literally millions at the green can the other day. Indication of warmer water? Lots of bait around too. They aren't being handed to you like the last couple of years. Gotta work for em this year. I have a couple of go-to hootchies
( my own creations ) that normally produce. Not the case this year. Have to start thinking outside the box I guess...

We did a bit of fishing up around Hall Point and Denham Island on Saturday morning, no sign of anything.
Buddy was fishing Chatham and got skunked.
We moved to Lewis Channel and picked up a couple of teeners with lots of shakers.
Caught the red on a plug and the white on Army Truck with green flash.
Rinsed most of the tackle box over the weekend!

Reactions: RBL
wow......just drove along the water in Campbell......Lots of boats at green can! Hopefully someone is getting some fish and makes a report!!

Finally some good news, for the first time this year almost all boats coming into Pacific Playgrounds had good numbers of quality fish and they were coming from all over, the can, Sentry Shoals and Kitty Coleman. Very promising if that keeps up!

I can personally report on Sentry Shoals. My wife and I went out jigging on the Ebb and during tide change and had a great time. Lots of action, on the northeast corner of the shoal. She out fished me 3 to 1 with her 80 gram blue/silver/pink Shimano Coltsniper. The coho's were hitting it hard too, but they were all wild. Fairly shallow too between 50 and 100'.

Back