2016 Pender Bluffs

Pender bluffs are off the west side of Pender Isls. Basically from the Ferry terminal and South.

North Pender on the south facing side of the island. I generally fish along the cliffs between the two sets of white guano.

I found Oak Bluffs on the Pender map. Is that the area?
Thanks
Stosh
Yep ,that's the spot Stosh.As RC stated,troll between the 2 white bird crap stains on the cliffs.It's a steep drop off for most of that tack but the bottom does bump up in a couple of spots,so beware of that.If you have a chartplotter this
wont be an issue.Haven't fished it this early before,but last July/August was very good for me.

Thanks for the info. Don't know when or if I'll get there, but now I know where to to go.
Stosh

Went out to Pender Bluffs Saturday, quite a few boats out there. We must have caught 7-8 shakers in 2 hours and another about 8lbs. All fish caught on on a Gold Nugget coho killer 125 - 150 on the rigger.

I'm doubtful that there isn't a single boat at Pender. Anything exciting happening over there? No reports since April.

I'm doubtful that there isn't a single boat at Pender. Anything exciting happening over there? No reports since April.

There was a run in April and fishing was decent, but it's been very slow on the Bluffs since (I've been there each weekend). Some bait there, but not much. Occasional fish coming in at ~90-120.

Heading over to Bedwell and the bluffs for the July long weekend. Looking for any recent updates on how the fishing is going?

Heading over to Bedwell and the bluffs for the July long weekend. Looking for any recent updates on how the fishing is going?

Very slow - apart from the 21lb winning fish for Moby's Derby (Father's day weekend), I haven't seen a net in weeks (and I've been out there a dozen times since April). Even on weekends it's only 2-4 boats out there so far. I suspect that things will pick up by July long weekend though.

Thanx for the update Salted. I'll keep checking back here till we head over. Hoping to have the wifey land her first fish on this trip.

Thanx for the update Salted. I'll keep checking back here till we head over. Hoping to have the wifey land her first fish on this trip.
Going to be hanging at otter bay for Canada day but will run out and try the bluffs in the morning so will keep you posted.

Going to be hanging at otter bay for Canada day but will run out and try the bluffs in the morning so will keep you posted.

Thanx doryman53, I look forward to hearing back what you find. Either way I'll be giving it a try on the Friday morning, afternoon as we head up to Ganges for the long weekend.

Thanx doryman53, I look forward to hearing back what you find. Either way I'll be giving it a try on the Friday morning, afternoon as we head up to Ganges for the long weekend.[/QU

I will be out there starting friday give me a shout on the radio ch 68 reel action and we can compare notes. fish tend to be closer to the surface first thing in the morn then drop down in the aft.
Kurt

@ SSIREELACTION - will do. Looking to be out there before 10 till after 1. I'll be in a 30' Bayliner express cruiser.

Spent a few hrs the last 2 days fishing the bluffs ,no bites,no fish. First time out this year just getting the boat dialed in,not expecting much from the reports I have seen, just nice to be on the water. As a side note put my prawn traps in yesterday in the same place I have been putting them for the last 5 yrs never any problems,well they were gone when I went back today?? WTF . 2 Bauer prawn traps, 400ft grey rope,red rubber float with my name and number if you happen to see or hear call me or drop me note on the forum. thanks

Back