2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Was out today. didn't get out and fishing until the crack of 8 a.m. Fishing was great until 11:00. Stayed out for tide flip at noon but it was fairly slow. Best bite was from 8:00 to 10:00. Released lots and lots of fish right at legal size or slightly under. We got 3 good ones (biggest was 15), and lost another big fish. Small spoons at 141 feet.

Was out front of FC and down towards the white door this afternoon and early evening and got half a dozen undersize and lost a decent one. Blue and silver coyote and green speckleback were workin but not for the keepers! All the hits seemed to come from 75-125 in 200'. Saw lots of bait balls on the surface

Fished the humps today between 11 and 2pm, managed a limit of 4 biggest was #12. Lots of undersized springs around continually having to clear the lines. Splatter back needle fish deep.

Fished sangster yesterday, nothing on the downrigger so switched to jigging and managed 1 undersized chinook, 3 lings, a snapper and a load of rockfish. Had a nice show put on for us by the killer whales too!

Snuck out with Sea run & a buddy yesterday morning...wacked 8 fish between 8 to 14lbs... couple fell off and release a bunch of small stuff....just the odd p cod.....
small spoons and spackle back hoochie... 120 to 195 ft.... hopefully I gave enough info so I don't get EL-Kabonged :oops:

Attachments

• 20160523_155235.jpg
    20160523_155235.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20160523_075016.jpg
    20160523_075016.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 44
Snuck out with Sea run & a buddy yesterday morning...wacked 8 fish between 8 to 14lbs... couple fell off and release a bunch of small stuff....just the odd p cod.....
small spoons and spackle back hoochie... 120 to 195 ft.... hopefully I gave enough info so I don't get EL-Kabonged :oops:
Bahahahaha!
Braid or steel

Was at the humps from 1-4 and managed to land a 14 and 16. Both on a blue&silver coyote and both at 220'.

Shhhh, braid doesn't work. Neither do small spoons, which BTW out fished bait:eek:...perhaps there was a friendly competition happening...and a little side bet that my spoon would kick the stuffing:D out of bait. Shame really, the bait would have stood a better chance if someone hadn't used the bait container as a pee bucket. o_O

Searun I had no luck with the smaller spoons lately, switched to the 6" spoons yesterday and did much better. Both springs had fairly large herring in them also. Heading out soon I hope if this wind dies down a little more!!

Was at the humps again tonite, deep as usual. Only action to speak of was losing a decent one at the boat on a 6"' coyote.

No joy for me tonight...the usually small stuff nothing of size...no bloom but a patch of large jelly fish..some of the red guys ...... :)

Was out yesterday from 7-noon at Sangster. 22,22,ans 18 on white hootchy and the turd at 110 and 130 on the rigger. Took over an hour to bounce back from Sangster to French Creek

Wholly hurricane batman, was very sporty out there today. Managed to get 3 tacks before we had to run home from Sangster. Fish around tho, so I wish we could have stuck it out but when she started gusting 35 kts with green 6 footers it was time to run home.

Wholly hurricane batman, was very sporty out there today. Managed to get 3 tacks before we had to run home from Sangster. Fish around tho, so I wish we could have stuck it out but when she started gusting 35 kts with green 6 footers it was time to run home.

You are a braver man than me to venture out there today, must have been a fun ride home.

pretty ugly indeed. Was a breeze when we left to run over. 25 to 27 mph all the way across....6 mph on the way back. So much for the big wave dave forecast accuracy.

Fished out of FC last night from 6:30 to 8:30. Missed one on a Pesca spoon down deep on the humps right away and saw a fish caught right beside me on a sailboat. Then nothing but shakers and cod until about 8:15 when we got a 12 lb spring at 145 ft on a spackleback hootchie.

Was out this morning for only a couple of hours but landed two small springs and one coho. Lost another one. Turd hootchie and kitchen sink seemed to work today. Fish all caught between 140' and 180' in 220' - 300' of water.

Back