Forum members BOATS

She is super stable - I haven't had her out in rough seas yet, but the previous owner took it to Swiftsure a couple times, so that fills me with confidence.

Boat, motor (1992 Evinrude 90), Trailer, elec. downriggers, elec. prawn puller and enough extras to fill the bow storage for $3200. Hard to pass up that deal!

Oldie but goodie!

She is super stable - I haven't had her out in rough seas yet, but the previous owner took it to Swiftsure a couple times, so that fills me with confidence.

Boat, motor (1992 Evinrude 90), Trailer, elec. downriggers, elec. prawn puller and enough extras to fill the bow storage for $3200. Hard to pass up that deal!

Oldie but goodie!

Congrats on the boat. Sounds like a solid buy. Enjoy yourself.

Nice Glasply Coholips! I sure have enjoyed my 19' I bought this spring. Very solid for fishing and cruising. I like the house that one. Does it have a cuddy or just storage up front?

Nice Glasply Coholips! I sure have enjoyed my 19' I bought this spring. Very solid for fishing and cruising. I like the house that one. Does it have a cuddy or just storage up front?

Hey ThreePer, yes these ol Glasply's sure are solid, very well made boats. My new pod setup really has made a dramatic difference in all around performance and the 175 Optimax gets her cruising nicely at 30 mph / 3800 rpm while getting great fuel economy. As for the interior it is a runabout style with lots of storage space up front.

Hey ThreePer, yes these ol Glasply's sure are solid, very well made boats. My new pod setup really has made a dramatic difference in all around performance and the 175 Optimax gets her cruising nicely at 30 mph / 3800 rpm while getting great fuel economy. As for the interior it is a runabout style with lots of storage space up front.

They do not make them like the ol hand laid glass Glasply anymore. Way more hull and deck reinforcement that what you see in boats now and the way they are designed, the wood does not seem to rot out of them like a lot of other makes. I have a 1983 Model 2200 Hardtop Express Cruiser. Guys well over 6 feet can stand up in it easy without hitting their head, you can walk on the roof which is rock solid and one of my buddies accidently tested my back deck and substructure by dropping a 20lb ball on it from 3 feet up; all it did was bounce. I suspect on some boats it may have gone right through the hull. They are built like a tank but heavy for their size and it takes a 225 Opti with a 4 blade prop to power it, even so, it still gets great fuel economy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked her up about a month ago.
Electric riggers (first time)
Bumpers (first time)
Inboard fuel tank (first time)
actual canvas top (first time)

along with many other luxuries compared to what I was running before.
I feel like the family now has a boat that is comfortable and safe and I couldn't be happier with the purchase!

88up0OM.jpg

Congrats on the purchase, Aridhol. Looks like a fishing machine!

I'm glad this topic resurrected itself after the site reset. So many beautiful boats in here :)

I agree, happy to see it.
We all have some pride in our machines, big and small.
I also used to watch this for ideas and inspiration.

Back