tofino: mid october?

Will you be shore or boat fishing?
Many areas will be closed for Salmon fishing; see the link:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s24-eng.html#noretention
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/maps-cartes/notice-avis/24-ch-eng.html

You might get some rockfish/Lingcod around Matlset Narrows on the NE side of Meares island.

It's closed for Chinook retention but open for cohos. Got 3 in the narrows this morning. 27 ft on grn chrome coho killer

Feel free to PM me for info in Tofino area

Thanks for answering to both Fishtofino & Fisherf. Fishtofino we probably have met. Did you have a GF named Gamelle? I used to have the yellow Searay moored at the Chevron station. I was the guy that gave Jack the Jonathon Livingston Sea Gull spoon (3" Coyote white with blue chevron's). FYI, i got accused of going over the limit one day. Truth is we waited to clean our fish until all the guides were gone because they only caught Coho while we had about 12 springs (for 3 anglers) & didn't want to make the client's think they got a raw deal. A month later a FN fisheries guy from Meares gave me a lecture about going over the limit & I put it all together.

Fisherf, can you update this thread with how you did?

Thanks for answering to both Fishtofino & Fisherf. Fishtofino we probably have met. Did you have a GF named Gamelle? I used to have the yellow Searay moored at the Chevron station. I was the guy that gave Jack the Jonathon Livingston Sea Gull spoon (3" Coyote white with blue chevron's). FYI, i got accused of going over the limit one day. Truth is we waited to clean our fish until all the guides were gone because they only caught Coho while we had about 12 springs (for 3 anglers) & didn't want to make the client's think they got a raw deal. A month later a FN fisheries guy from Meares gave me a lecture about going over the limit & I put it all together.

Fisherf, can you update this thread with how you did?

No that wasn't me. How long since you fished Tofino?

Jack is no longer with us, fishing the hali hole in heaven

Back