92.9 KB · Views: 754
  • 3977256_orig.jpg
    3977256_orig.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 752
  • 6586354_orig.jpg
    6586354_orig.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by a moderator:
looks cold for our climate, needs a bulkhead or somthing.
im still thinking 33' Ocean Roamer

I really like the looks of tug boats like American tug. The ocean roamers are sick I walked around a couple at Seattle boat show. Hard to beat a big Armstrong cat they are very cool!

I really like the looks of tug boats like American tug. The ocean roamers are sick I walked around a couple at Seattle boat show. Hard to beat a big Armstrong cat they are very cool!

I've toured both the American Tug and the Nordic Tug factories and was extremely impressed with their engineering, construction, and quality control. My wife and I have "bareboat charted" a Nordic Tug twice (a 32' one week and a 37' a year later for a week) and really enjoyed them. If I was ever to buy a yacht (not likely) I would absolutely go with either an American or Nordic Tug.

I'm a simple man, if I could manage this I'd never own another boat (hah!)

SEA-RANGER-HT-21-003.jpg

i like that Arima but for two of you fishing
3 is starting to be a crowd

as with most boat with an 8.5' beam or less

since i want to take a few guest out .....lol
just got to love the big dance floor

and with it being open tell that to the man who owns a convertible and the wind in his face.....lol

Iv'e got a 33ft Chris Craft Catalina; 1978. Beam is around 12ft. Repowered with twin 200HP Volvo diesels. Hull & stringers are fiberglass, no wood. Moved up from a 14 Livingston, then a 24 SeaRay weekender.

Impressions:

Straight shafts are much nicer for fishing.
Fly bridge is awesome for traveling.
Heat (diesel furnace) & running hot water are nice.
Hull is a little flat at the stern & it get's a bit too wiggly in a large following sea compared to the Searay.
Feel much safer with Diesel.
Trolling speed is a little on the fast side at idle on a single engine. If you go with a big boat like this, make sure it either has trolling valves or that the transmissions can be fitted with trolling valves.

I agree with you wildthing that boat is bad butt. 30+ pilothouse sportfishers are wicked. If I am ever able to get everything lined up to haul my hull home hopefully I can create this as I think it is pretty close to the ultimate west coast boat.

sport cabin.jpg

I'll throw some alloy into the mix........

Trooper-42-panarama-404x256.jpg

375155_587433697941762_1084461330_n.jpg

397905_587427294609069_626007655_n.jpg

Yes it is outboard powered........triple 300 Suzzie's.

601707_616411655043966_1531092372_n.jpg

This boat is BAD butt!!!

Something like this is definitely my dream rig. Overnight tuna trips and range to go way the f*%# out there :p.

I really like the lines of the Baywelds. Great boats from our brothers up North :cool:.

http://bayweldboats.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
i like that Arima but for two of you fishing
3 is starting to be a crowd

as with most boat with an 8.5' beam or less

since i want to take a few guest out .....lol
just got to love the big dance floor

and with it being open tell that to the man who owns a convertible and the wind in his face.....lol

But John you are forgetting your own back yard ! One of my fav Alloys is manufactured a couple miles from your home !!! Coastal Craft !! ....if I was going to go Alloy and had $ to burn I'd go with this one below ( only I'd customize the stern deck area roof so it was cut short to keep back deck more open.

400_featured_por2t.jpg

If I went glass I'd go with the Ocean R. as mentioned earlier in thread .....this 33 is beautiful...

4941550_20150212112754787_1_LARGE.jpg

Unless you want your dream boat to become a nightmare boat, I'd suggest you use google to check-out galvanic corrosion/electrolysis issue with AL in saltwater.. Once knew a Boeing structural Engineer who owned an AL river boat but said he would never use one in the salt. His issue was that while all the visible welds look great because they were made by the MFGR's best welders, he has doubts about the non-visible welds. Not that these issues can't be mitigated by proper choice of AL alloys & bottom coatings, but best to discover these issues before you buy.
Got a friend who is a surveyor. According to Jay, the best boats for the open Pacific typically have deeper V hulls than the US Gulf/Atlantic coasts or the NW sheltered waters. About 20 years back i heard a story about a Bayliner of 25ft or so that received a delaminated forward deck while crossing Swiftsure bank.
Bottom line - we all want to do slightly different things with our boat, thus we all have a different dream boat. Have fun, Eric

Unless you want your dream boat to become a nightmare boat, I'd suggest you use google to check-out galvanic corrosion/electrolysis issue with AL in saltwater.. Once knew a Boeing structural Engineer who owned an AL river boat but said he would never use one in the salt. His issue was that while all the visible welds look great because they were made by the MFGR's best welders, he has doubts about the non-visible welds. Not that these issues can't be mitigated by proper choice of AL alloys & bottom coatings, but best to discover these issues before you buy.
Got a friend who is a surveyor. According to Jay, the best boats for the open Pacific typically have deeper V hulls than the US Gulf/Atlantic coasts or the NW sheltered waters. About 20 years back i heard a story about a Bayliner of 25ft or so that received a delaminated forward deck while crossing Swiftsure bank.
Bottom line - we all want to do slightly different things with our boat, thus we all have a different dream boat. Have fun, Eric

Aluminum is absolutely fine in Saltwater. What about steel? Have you ever researched, on a world wide scale, how many alloy and steel vessels there are in the saltwater compared to fiberglass? Anyway, not going to get into it :p.

So what's your dream boat? Let's keep this thread on track :).

Back