Repowering 1995 24 foot WA Trophy?

merrittboy1

Looking to repower my Trophy. Have a very low transom model, 250 hp Mariner on now 1998. Looking at possibly a 175 or 200 hp Yamaha. Will i have trouble with this as I hear that four strokes are a bit heavier? Only have a few inches of transom now. Ideas appreciated.

Google the weight of the new motor, put the boat in the water with a equal amount of weight in the back. See how it likes it?

The 200 hp Yamaha I4 would be s good choice. I just repowered with twins.. They were only 30lbs heavier than the 2 strokes they replaced... Love them

I've got a 91 trophy walkaround with a 2003 yam f225 on it. It gets pretty good fuel economy for a large boat. I'm not sure of the actual numbers but I use about 40 bucks to got 20 miles. I've got a friend with the same boat and he's got an 225 etec on his. The boat definitely likes that motor better. I'm pretty sure his boat will do 45 knots. At least that's what it looked like he was doing when he flew past me a couple weeks ago. I run my boat at 4800 rpm cruising and it does around 25 knots. I'm not really sure of top speed. It's a fishing boat, not a race car.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back