Gold Diawa 270 Moocher

high tide

Hey ..... do any of you want to part company with a 1971-73 Diawa 270 Gold Single action Mooching reel. Must be in good shape.

Thanks

HT

I don't mind losing stuff to fish or overboard, because at least I know where it is, but I knew I had one of these reels and since I read your post I have been searching for it. I found it. It's gold, aluminum and says Daiwa 270 on it. The clicker is broken, making it quietly seal resistant, but maybe parts are available. The handles are triangular and smallish. I used it on a fourth sockeye rod last year and it was fine. I have a 275 in my rotation at the moment because it is NOS.
I'm such a tackle hooer, I can't think of anything I don't have, but make me a trade offer anyway.

Hey ..... do any of you want to part company with a 1971-73 Diawa 270 Gold Single action Mooching reel. Must be in good shape.

Thanks

HT

I too am looking for a Daiwa reel 270 275 or 2708 are models I am familiar with..but any of those vintage reels from the 80's work for me. I am in Victoria

I don't mind losing stuff to fish or overboard, because at least I know where it is, but I knew I had one of these reels and since I read your post I have been searching for it. I found it. It's gold, aluminum and says Daiwa 270 on it. The clicker is broken, making it quietly seal resistant, but maybe parts are available. The handles are triangular and smallish. I used it on a fourth sockeye rod last year and it was fine. I have a 275 in my rotation at the moment because it is NOS.
I'm such a tackle hooer, I can't think of anything I don't have, but make me a trade offer anyway.

What are some things you need ....... I have TONS of gear not being used ....... Flashers, hootchies ...... Etcetc

I have a Diawa 175 kicking around.......hasn't seen much use in the last 25 years, but before that it was my fav.

GnB

What are some things you need ....... I have TONS of gear not being used ....... Flashers, hootchies ...... Etcetc

I have one or more of everything, except for I haven't begun to gather bullet roll heads or AP spoons. The thing I could use most is a hali spot inside or close to Barkley on the Ukee side. Perhaps it's time to go to PMs. I'm coming through Nanaimo, Parksville, PA tomorrow, but I can throw the reel in the mail today.

Thanks Tubber, clicker is fixed and the Reel is a fine match to my other ........ Both Will be given to my kids .

HT

275 only came in n black or silver if I remember correctly it was the 270 that was gold and was manufactured before the 275

Old post but i have a vintage Diawa 270 gold,with box and instructions dont think its been used,mint condition.
Im open to offers if you guys havent found one yet?

Thanks

HT
Old post I know, just inherited a like new Gold Diawa 270,with box and instruction sheet, if your still looking PM me with and offer!

Old post but i have a vintage Diawa 270 gold,with box and instructions dont think its been used,mint condition.

Old post I know, just inherited a like new Gold Diawa 270,with box and instruction sheet, if your still looking PM me with and offer!

Well from the responses i have recieved i have decided to keep my 270 ,will try it out on some Ab lakers! Thanks for your interest!

Back