Alberni Inlet 2015

Heard that it was doing well, but thought we would try pill first. One thing leads to another, go home with one coho. Lol. Nice to hear others were doing well.

I have fished Alberni twice in the past few weeks. Last weekend we found springs both days at lone tree at 70- 80 ft on anchovie. Morning bite was best both days. Never tried for sockeye. Lots showing on sounder however short bite periods, usually 45 minutes or so. Trailing hook helped with the short biters. Gotta say I love fishing a few minutes from the harbour ☺

Hey Felix
When you say it was stellar -- were you fishing tight into shore, or were you deep along the bottom? Trolling chovies?

I fished the wall last week and we tried a bit of both. I found it slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20-40 feet on the rigger in less than 200 feet of water typically , yes we hugged the shores ,
watch the tides , these fish seem to tuck outta the currents , and are not shy when you present a shiny 5.5 in
anchovy in front of them , 1 spent less than $100 on fuel all week , nanat ta ellis was consistent all week ,
most boats did very well , a few i seen were non stop , even seen a boat whackin em with very short leaders when it slowed ,
experiment !!

gd lk to the derby guys , its a miracle , theres millions of overs for ya allz now :(

fd

Fished yesterday at Pill, Diplock, and the narrows. Scratched up a Coho. Everyone seemed to have one fish for a days effort. This fishery is nothing like it was 5-6 years ago.

Conflicting reports from the sound, so thinking closer to PA.
Any word on the fishing from Hocking in?

Back