Sangster

Lee-Ray

Fished Sangster late afternoon until 8:00 3 fish 15 to 22 Irish cream with purple onion flasher and cop car with green and orange stripe 120 to 135 in 400 feet all red fish.

Awesome, I will get out there this week for sure. I have only fished sangster once, do you usually troll the west side of the island or the north end in between lasqueti?

Out for 4 hrs today landed 4 out of 6 cop at spoon and anchovies 10 to 18

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,460
Purple onion flasher I bet. Helena is doing well so far this year but they do not count until I get home and put the boat in the water.

Fished sangster today. Landed 10 kept 5 and lost one on a rookie net job. 25 was the biggest 12 was the smallest. First time fishing sangster this year. Awesome day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reports. Motivated us to get over there for a quick fish this afternoon. Fished for less than 2 hours and went 2 for 4. One 10lber and one 18lber. The ones we lost were likely teeners.
3 fish came on a Pesca spoon, blue/green glow and one on a spackleback hootchie.
Good conditions for the crossing today but it looks like the wind will keep me on the south side of the strait tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can still get live bait at secret cove ? Used to love fishing live bait off Sangster ??

Yeah its funny. The Marina owner there loves to fish livies so he keeps them for himself and a bunch of locals. We used to buy herring there in the 80s and it was the same price! Healthy dozens too :)

Live bait was my go to in tropical oceans, never used it for salmon. Would love to try it.
Where is secret cove? On Lasqueti?

Live bait was my go to in tropical oceans, never used it for salmon. Would love to try it.
Where is secret cove? On Lasqueti?

Secret cove is just south of Pender harbour. Interesting about sangster. Fishing has been outstanding in the malispina hot spots for several weeks. Mostly whites though. Might have to go over there this weekend for those reds.

Fished tides today limited out biggest was 25 smallest 14, 120-140 feet on homeland security and Irish cream and purple onion flashers

Yes it's my favorite flasher but I am away and not able to fish with Lee Ray and company which is making me very envious. Great job boys. Have a rum and coke for me.

Out tonight from 4pm-till 730ish trolled around north end of sangster with about 7 other boats. missed our first hit on the cop car at 115'. About 6:30 scored our first on a glow spackleback at 125' then 20 minutes later another on the same hootch. first 18lb second 19lb. Not bad for the first of the year.Most we saw had either one or two on board. Not a hot night but it was ok.

Back