2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

They were thick from Winter harbour right to Barclay sound. Im not a biologist but there was really small and larger ones so it looks like they are reproducing here. I also agree that it's not likely a good sign, especially for those that like shallow water Chinook hunting.

We had very warm temps last year, lots of Vella and spent the summer tubbing out everyday on the rocks in 40 feet of water. I would wait and see what unfolds before worrying too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo, thanks Kelly... Bringing the wife and kid over for an extra week and really want to grind em off the rocks.

Hey guys,
Anyone have advice on where we could stay for a couple of nights from the 28th of April to the 3rd or 4th of May? Just looking for somewhere to dock the boat and sleep on board.
Cheers

Try the Seabeam...© 2015 Seabeam Lodge & Fishing. Site by Core Creative.346 Tower Road Bamfield, B.C. V0R 1B0 Phone/Fax 1-250-728-3286 Or Ken at Rocky Point charters...

I'm sure there would be room at my dock, unless you are over 85 feet long! There are 3 "government" docks in town. The one in front of Mills on the west side, one in the main harbor by the pub and one in Port Desire next to the boat ramp.
None of our government docks have fish cleaning stations yet, but it is being looked at.

Nice yes we are going this weekend. Fishing has been great in Campbell River. We will be out there may long weekend we will meet you for beverages.

We fished around Great Bear/Sail Saturday and Sunday.We got 3 springs all around 14 lbs. No other boats around. Very nice fishing conditions.

Had to work hard for two fish one at meare's and one at the wall... Chovie at meares and j79 at the wall

Back