2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

I poked out a few days ago in the tin and got skunked. One undersize to the boat, a few hits that didn't stick and one solid fish that didn't make it to the boat.

Fished Saturday and caught a Hali
ebd33e86a48475036943c0d75cf653f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Hali Kokanee Joe and I had to release it.I was about 14 hours to early to keep it
Caught it just dragging the bottom for salmon,it took a bite of a green Coho Killer
Hopefully you can pick a few up out there

A day late and a buck short always for me as well haha. I am going to put the boat in the water here at the end of the month and hopefully get some nice days!!! Still have yet to get a hali on this side of the island haha!

Fished french creek hump over low tide today. No bait, few birds, no seals/sealions, a couple marks on sounder, no hits, nice boat ride and lunch....

Fished french creek hump over low tide today. No bait, few birds, no seals/sealions, a couple marks on sounder, no hits, nice boat ride and lunch....

Same went for Ballenas, after all that bait for so long and now very little. Went out with a buddy and trolled about three hours and only caught a red snapper which when released went back down and hopefully lived. We were just about to head in when the port side hit and after a good scrap I bonked a nice spring. The last post on the board at the Marina was on Sat from a buddy who got a nice 14 lber so I have a pretty keen eye so I called ours at14.1 lbs:). Flat calm ot there, nice day. The fish was full of four inch herring, probably why he hit a blue live image coyote and he was deep (200feet)..................BRS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 632
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 629
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 631
Got it right on the third pic but didn't know how to delete the top two. And yes i know the pics look the same maybe I should get a new wardrobe............BRS

Nice Hali Tide Up, where were fishing? Might head out today or tomorrow any salmon around? .........BRS[/QUOTE]

Hey BRS, we were just right out front in about 220 feet of water

Nice fish BRS I was hoping to fish the day you were out but worked on the boat for two days hooking up new Lowrance and radio. Ready to go when the wind stops. Changed the Name on the forum to Hot Reels, thats the name of the boat. Looks like the halibut are around, I caught one about 35lbs off Neck Pt last August.

Thanks Tide Up and Hot Reels, it's been the best winter fishery I can remember. Looks like the bait is moving on so we will see what happens now...........BRS

Fished french creek hump at high tide this morning, just a couple small bait balls found. A few marks at 115-150 ft but no hits. Beautiful calm day for a boat ride after the fog lifted.

I need 20 herring (10 male, 10 female) for a friend doing some research. Any chance of jigging some up now or do I need to wait until later in the month when they move into shore?

IMG_0755.jpgIMG_0064.jpg
Had an awesome day fishing Monday. Caught 6 springs, Five of them on one lure. a 17, 15, 14, 6, and a couple around 3. Fishing around 200 feet deep. And I had no idea fishing could be this hot in February.

Hey Someday that's my cabin boy! Bushy told me about your day , I took him out on Tuesday and weren't so lucky. We went one for three , released a small one and and he lost a nice one. The water was brown from the runoff from the Englishman, couldn't see down more than a couple feet. Tons of debris had to watch where you were going. The run in was fun, hit a fog bank and couldn't see a thing. Good thing I got the new nav system working, brought me right in no problem. Maybe try again tomorrow..........BRS

BRS. You can keep the cabin boy. I only wanted him to net my fish lol. Too bad the water changed. I must admit I have not done much winter fishing. I thought if this is what I was missing out on, I would have to change things around. That was every bit as good as a summer day. Always keep the poor guys like me updated. Some of us have to work, well then there is Bushy......cheers

Got my cabin boy back and he did a good job on the net. It took years of training but he finally got it right. We went to Ballenas late yesterday and it was nasty. Could see the rain coming from the North then the wind but luckily I landed a nice one on a blue spoon. No fishing today, have to do the Valentines thing.........BRS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 373
Back