2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

KC/Bates240 windy in the mornings and calm around noon today.Best release of a 2# cutty to start the day at kitty launchPICT0004.jpg coho are soon here so i carry the ambush rod.PICT0011.jpg trolling 512spoon finnished up in 2 hrs and had to find ice fast for two whites and two reds. whales been near my boat all three days.hope there not looking for (sad news).

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished Kitty from 2-5 PM. No bait to be seen. Caught and released 3 including a nice 18 lber. Worked in 200 ft and had riggers at 125 and 75. Wind started to pick up, ended up going home early.

Always great to be on the water fishing.

I'm a little trady w/ my info, but headed up to the cabin on Hornby Is w/ my husband on the long-week-end. Fished 4 full days. limited out on springs, all red, all between 15 and 20 pounds. Caught one nice big ling cod and an incident red snapper. Really spectacular fishing for Hornby. Caught 3 or 4 down around 180 ft deep, but the rest were in a much more manageable 80 feet or so. (We're sort of spoiled that way). The seaweed was definietely a nuisance, but we could usually fina a productive, yet clean area. Caught al springs on green and blue hootchies.

We caught 3 or 4 well out from Tribune, a cpl. right off the bluffs, a cpl. off the end of Flora, and the remainder on the Texeda side of Helliwell. We just followed the fish. We saw schools on the fish-finder like we've never seen around Hornby before. Really exciting to see the fish recovering year after year, after so many 'dry' years, when fishing off Hornby involved very little catching.

Was at Kitty for the late afternoon yesterday, picked up 1 white and 1 red at 200' on white hootchie. Tides were ripping though, had a lot of tangles and didn't seem to be the only one dealing with it.

Bates beach rv park has a web cam over the strait[video]https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbatesbeach.bc.ca%2F%3Fpage%3D6&ei=_-RpVbmqBof2oASc0oHIDQ&usg=AFQjCNGMSEeqUbmP1Mkec275TBojmJvXfA&sig2=N3-QHysWp3aP-hlfjNQtgw

Bates beach rv park has a web cam over the strait[video]https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbatesbeach.bc.ca%2F%3Fpage%3D6&ei=_-RpVbmqBof2oASc0oHIDQ&usg=AFQjCNGMSEeqUbmP1Mkec275TBojmJvXfA&sig2=N3-QHysWp3aP-hlfjNQtgw

That's a great shot over the strait. Thanks for the link Fish Camp. Nice to actually see what the water is like before heading down there.

Couple of near legals or maybe legals-released-not a lot happening at kitty hump this pm. Tons of boats!!

Think I saw you out there. While is was pretty bumpy in the AM before the wind died, there were springs in the bait. We managed a couple of springs to 16 lbs, plus a NICE big lingcod, and 6 p-cod.
Buddy had a malfunction when a spring snapped off the hook on a Chinese coyote spoon....a few choice words of wisdom were spoken.
One of the p-cod was wormy ( we fillet at sea where legal) and was recycled to crab bait, but the others will make excellent fish and chips.

I counted 22 boats off Kitty in the early pm.

240 Bates northern farmfield and bosten ridge,20#spring ,nonstop rigger popping or are they fish strikes, 5 undersize.top line 170

Fished off Bates today also with all the boats.
A few fish off Crabby's contour and Duffer's crack!

Heard Canary bouy's (bumbleBee's) were on fire today for bigger fish,I'm fishing there tomorrow!

what boat you in Fish Camp?

Last day for a month to fish inside waters of Little river to KC launch and east .I amnot sure of the eastern chinook retention boundy .180' of water sounds safe .How deep is the eastern boundry water between little river and kitty colman launch? winter white hoochie glow pink insert 5:1 copcar

Anybody know of the new link of the area 14 map which actually shows the salmon closure areas? The old link seems to have been moved or taken down..

Hi guys! Wind is getting a little irritating and next few days looks same. Anyone sneaking out south Hornby?? Looks somewhat protected there..

Back