2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

22 boats at Kitty fishing......... Seas are calm, sun is shinning and there are birds all over the place. Must be some herring out there somewhere :)

Great looking fish FA. Were you seeing many bait balls while you were out there or was everything near the surface playing with the gulls.

Overcast skies keeping you at home? Marina lot almost empty, only 11 boats at Kitty.

Set a few traps, now trying to catch the girls dinner :)

Saw your rig yesterday around 1pm going by the Remax office, unless there are two Silver Streaks with that much black hanging off the back.

Looking good.

Saw your rig yesterday around 1pm going by the Remax office, unless there are two Silver Streaks with that much black hanging off the back.

Looking good.

That was me heading to drop Jessica so the boys could play.......

Everyone bailed rather quickly today, most likely missed the show of humpbacks feeding at Kitty. It was an awesome display watching them circle around. Must have been their snack time :) Dam phone was died so not only no music but no pictures. :(

Didnt catch any keepers today, but we did find enough prawns in traps that we'll be having fresh prawn appies tonight.

Hi guys! I have been out in the herring frenzy last few outings and have been away from the salmon. Have company coming later today, and of course, they want salmon.. anyone finding any in the old haunts??

PB

Here are some of those delicious Cape Lazo herring, slowly marinating in fridge; waiting for their turn to be put in jars for pickled herring… am making few extra jars this year for FA, so he stops bugging me to try some!! Ha ha

PBIMG_0750.jpg

Gut & marinade for few days in fridge then filet, pack in jars with pickling stuff. Same idea as pickled eggs. Just something to try once a year, but not bad!!
Cmon FA.. time to broaden your eating experience, Ha Don't those herring jars look good!

Good grey cod today at Hump but only undersize springs.

PB
IMG_0752.jpg

Back