2015 Campbell River Reports

Hey guys, I've never fished out of Campbell River before but might be coming up to stay at Salmon Point this weekend and potentially more this summer. Can anyone provide any advice on where to get salmon and or Hali? I've read the humps, but where are those? Thanks a bunch!

Green can would be east of that. Look for more boats, Lol!

Basically, the red buoy is in proximity to the hump at the point of Quadra, while the green can is visible further to the east in this picture. Hope that helps.

IMG_0310.jpg

Okay this thread is getting me really excited. Wife, kids and another family are going to pacific playgrounds for a week in July I hope all this fishing is still around. I'll probably be doing the areas mentioned above southwest to south east of Quadra for salmon. Hauling the boat up any tips? will there be big springs around at that time? or will it be filled with pinks by mid to late july?

Next weekend a bunch of us are heading up to Browns Bay for 4 days, where do you suggest we fish, south to the hump or north up by Dent Island, I prefer to travel north but if the fish are south then were going there.

Thanks !

Next weekend a bunch of us are heading up to Browns Bay for 4 days, where do you suggest we fish, south to the hump or north up by Dent Island, I prefer to travel north but if the fish are south then were going there.

I would head to Chatham Point and green sea bay, which is basically due east of Chatham Point, on the northwest corner of Sonora Island

Head south

Thanks !
Still to early for fishing north of town most years it doesn't get going till we'll into July .

Okay this thread is getting me really excited. Wife, kids and another family are going to pacific playgrounds for a week in July I hope all this fishing is still around. I'll probably be doing the areas mentioned above southwest to south east of Quadra for salmon. Hauling the boat up any tips? will there be big springs around at that time? or will it be filled with pinks by mid to late july?

Arjento..... There will be some Pinks and springs north of Seymour Narrows by then (good by late July in some years), but best fishing should still be south of Quadra. Be aware that fishing southwest of Quadra (Hump) is a tough go until you work it out, with crazy currents, particularly fishing deep (on bottom) which is most effective. The Southeast side (green can) is a much easier fishery if the fish are there. Particularly if you are not dialed in and rigged for deep high current fishing (15 lb balls etc.)

Fishing north of the narrows is more scenic, even if not the better bet for Springs in mid July. Worth the run to Green Sea and Chatham Pt (Particularly if NW is not blowing) just for an entirely different scene to the open strait.

Hey guys, I'm used to fishing out Nanoose Bay. Can you suggest any "go-to" or hot lures/flashers to use up around Campbell River?

Thanks in advance

green hotspot, spatterback hootchie, or blue meanie, or micheal jackson.160-210 down follow a contour( stop by Tyee marine and get a hootchie of choice. Or head to the Green can and a 602 tubby at 65 feet

Fished yesterday at the green can from 12-7. Lots of action on the sounder but no fish for me exept shakers.
Did set a couple prawn traps at quadra along with a late lunch at the HBI. Pawning was good but had to go deep for them.
lots of boats out there. Didn't see any nets out. Looked slow out there.

Hey guys, I've never fished out of Campbell River before but might be coming up to stay at Salmon Point this weekend and potentially more this summer. Can anyone provide any advice on where to get salmon and or Hali? I've read the humps, but where are those? Thanks a bunch!

There will be a Walmart parking lot of boats. You can't miss it.

Went to Tyee point w therlow we encompased the island counter clockwise and back to lil bear bay .moulgals that would stop a skier at tyee pt .was unfishable had to try .great trip

Back