2015 Gulf Islands Reports

Thats the same slop I had seen on sunday morning coming out of active pass.I was going to run up to polier but to sloppy. I went and fished over by thieves bay got nil. on saturday heavy fog leaving ganges harbour so i went and fished in front of beddis beach picked up two 23 ' winter springs let them booth go but good to see them in the harbour area.

Well we managed to get out this weekend and fish a few spots in the gulf islands... with not much to show for it unfortunately. Spent saturday at pender bluffs & fairfax (moresby). Dragged up a few bottom critters at both places but nothing chrome. Sunday we heading north and fished off tent island and booth bay as the weather (wind) wasn't ideal for the outside of porlier. Managed to pick up 1 8lb spring off tent island but nothing happening over a booth bay. Got a nice ling off tent as well. Decent prawning and crabbing made up for the less than stellar salmon fishing. Anyone able to find the fish this weekend? They are around somewhere but not where we were.

how deep were you trolling at tent?

We were in 160-200 feet of water and close to bottom at all times. Didn't mark much bait most of the day so the one keeper we did get we were happy with. I've heard it's been better this week so I may try again this coming weekend, weather permitting as usual.

Fished Porlier today. Lots of boats out there but we only saw one net out. We had one hit at 155ft in 172 feet of water. didnt stick for more than a few seconds. Beauty day out there, but not a lot of bait and not a lot of fish either. How'd everyone else make out?

i fished the inside today near chemainus and i limited out on springs and prawns . ik the pulse closure starts today so thats why i set my traps by yellow point where its open biggest was 16lbs wild chinook then a 12lb hatchary chinook , i would post some pictures but dont know how , with my ipad

i fished the inside today near chemainus and i limited out on springs and prawns . ik the pulse closure starts today so thats why i set my traps by yellow point where its open biggest was 16lbs wild chinook then a 12lb hatchary chinook , i would post some pictures but dont know how , with my ipad

Now there's a report.Way to go,I55.Glad to here you've got another boat rigged up and back fishin'.

If you guys could go anywhere from nanaimo to pender bluffs tomorrow, where would you find yourself trying for springs? I55, you got any more info you can share? I'll be leaving from Crofton so Chemainus is an easy run for me. Depth of water, depth of lures etc?

Cheers!

If you guys could go anywhere from nanaimo to pender bluffs tomorrow, where would you find yourself trying for springs? I55, you got any more info you can share? I'll be leaving from Crofton so Chemainus is an easy run for me. Depth of water, depth of lures etc?

ide fish from tent to thetis, or even booth bay, but if its nice then go to porlier , lots out there especially shakers

Good stuff islander,, like your set up..

Nice work 55!!
I remember heading out and getting er done in the same style, although we didnt have pullers back then!

Good stuff...

I headed out yesterday, super foggy couldn't even see my bow , just went off with wat my chart plotter said, jigged some herring near thrasher rock, trolled tux stab pass lost a beauty, in about 200ft trolling 150 going 1.8 knots with green glow flasher and copcar spoon image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Off of Hope bay on Pender Island is good for Winter Spring (although they may be gone by now), Hoochies and literally dragging bottom worked best for me. Bottom is silt, so as long as you stay clear of crab and shrimp pods, you're good, and not going to get snagged.

Around these Co-ordinates: 48.783776, -123.244168

Good Luck.

Back