2015 Nanaimo Reports

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441408866.775009.jpg
Went out 2 days ago, fished in front of neck 300 feet of water, you can see my lure of choice... We had it beside the boat and it did one run, came close to the boat again and got slammed by a seal, chased it but lost it as it came to surface and chomped the head off very fast, like it had done it before. Damn, looked near 10 pounds. Coho !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was pretty slow yesterday... 4 decent pinks all released... Missed one pin popper while i was attending to the other rod...
9a82c13c3c905d0091adb15eedfc3e31.jpg
.. Might go out this afternoon for another try.. Seasons winding down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oink oinks out at Brechin with zodiac with twin 300 Etechs today making their quota. Just a friendly warning to all! Must be bored. Unmarked white dually truck with big white cap on it towing. Guy had to get his feet wet to put it in......amateurs!

Oink oinks out at Brechin with zodiac with twin 300 Etechs today making their quota. Just a friendly warning to all! Must be bored. Unmarked white dually truck with big white cap on it towing. Guy had to get his feet wet to put it in......amateurs!

Seen that sucker scoot across the bay yesterday.. Them ETEC's really scream on that RIB in an emergency over 70 mph im told... It parks at a dock by the bio station.. Seen them out there many times..

Somebody want to turn the fan off? I was hoping to get a couple more lings this weekend to finish the season, but won't happen like this.
Where is a good spot for lings? My son keeps watching You Tube of guys catching big lings off Winter Harbor but I have no desire to trailer the boat up there.

Where is a good spot for lings? My son keeps watching You Tube of guys catching big lings off Winter Harbor but I have no desire to trailer the boat up there.

Lots of ok spots around. Nothing like winter harbour but you can get them. Target a rocky bottoms around entrance, snake or the fingers. I usually do better around entrance but I imagine they are lots of places. I've got them as shallow as 25 feet and as deep as 130 feet. Takes some time....

Back