2015 Nanaimo Reports

Not sure if this is an appropriate thread for this post but since we started trolling at the Grande and caught these two 14 lbr's closer to Entrance Island thought it might qualify for a Nanaimo report. Caught the two this morning .. one at 8 and the other at 9. One on cookies n cream spoon and the other on a pink mini-squirt which I thought would get a pink … not a pesky spring … lol. I should add … both were reds.

IMG_0326.jpg

Great reports guys.. All i caught yesterday were some more pink salmon, 2 out of three had large red spots or sores on the bellies... No idea what is causing that... I release all my pinks but they are fun to fight, 3 on in the first 10 mins.. Hopefully find some springs today, i too was running chovies but the punks were making pretty quick work out of my pricey bait off fingers.. Pretty sure i seen Biggriff out there fishin the structure....pretty hard to miss them beauty hewescraft on the water...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish guys, Just one more where abouts did you guys get on those? Last few times ive been out its been a few pinks and small undersized springs.

We started at the Grande and trolled up towards Entrance Island in the 120 ft depth line. The Cookies n' cream at 100 ft on the rigger and the pink squirt at 62 ft on the rigger. Both were caught at about the 3/4 way mark to Entrance Island from Grande.

IMG_1008.jpg
After not being able to find someone to go fishing with, I headed out alone. I just hate it when the "guest rod" out fishes my side of the boat. lol
Fished the cannery, 145 feet down, glow green lure.

Thanks for the reports guys. They got ResinRider and I to head out to Entrance tonight and we were rewarded with 4 springs to 25 lbs. 110 to 135 feet on assorted gear.

Beautiful night out there tonight, water was glass calm. Fished around Entrance island, number of boats out there. Pinks were shallow 60ft or less and non stop shakers at every other depth, even down 150'. Annoying to pull up both lines to check them every half an hour and find 5-6" springs on there. Released a 7ish lb spring and missed a solid pin popper at 65'. Most all echo's on the sounder were very shallow, 60' or less. I haven't fished entrance before, anyone have any tips on fishing the area?

We were there yesterday too and hit Pinks as far down as 160', they were pretty big ones too. We were checking our lines every 15 mins to shake off the little ones. Nothing landed but the Pinks.

I've been out a half dozen times in the last couple weeks fishing the usual spots at usual depths with usuall spoons and hootchies,nothing but pinks and undersized Chinooks, until I saw a pic yesterday of four beauty Chinook up to 27 pounds all caught on the usual spoons but all down at 240 feet, go deep and get em, I'll be back out there tomorrow to try this depth and will post on success

Was out a couple hours last night , released a few pinks then hooked into to this scrappy little 13.5 Red, 80 feet down on a clear green anchovy special behind a chartreuse Gibbs flasher (guide pro series)...
75ab1e09c978201540d3faf4b40e5be2.jpg
19aa9404c41a1aad3059be319198eb5a.jpg
picked up Albernifisher he just wanted to drive so i was able have a cold one in celebration of of my first spring in over a month...sweet Victory.. Thanks for coming buddy
e59702a42bef34fe64c94008a57677cc.jpg

Was out a couple hours last night , released a few pinks then hooked into to this scrappy little 13.5 Red, 80 feet down on a clear green anchovy special behind a chartreuse Gibbs flasher (guide pro series)...
75ab1e09c978201540d3faf4b40e5be2.jpg
19aa9404c41a1aad3059be319198eb5a.jpg
picked up Albernifisher he just wanted to drive so i was able have a cold one in celebration of of my first spring in over a month...sweet Victory.. Thanks for coming buddy
e59702a42bef34fe64c94008a57677cc.jpg

awesome guys... and that's why your not selling it.

awesome guys... and that's why your not selling it.

Think I am beyond recovering my investment on this one...started doing a little number crunching and i would just be ripping myself off at that price.. Kinda why i was only offering it on here but have now pretty much made up my mind i am keeping it ...

Think I am beyond recovering my investment on this one...started doing a little number crunching and i would just be ripping myself off at that price.. Kinda why i was only offering it on here but have now pretty much made up my mind i am keeping it ...

Good choice...

Pretty quiet on here lately. Has anyone been out targeting pinks? Are there even any still around? Weather permitting I was hoping to get out this weekend in the boat with the grandkids and try to catch a few if there are.

I was out at the fingers today (kayak fishing) and only saw a handful of other boats. No bites for me and I didn't see a lot of nets out but I'm sure there must have been something biting. Back at the ramp, a guy in a tin boat had landed an 18lb spring closer in at Neck Pt. So, there are still a few around at least!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back