Victoria Reports 2015

We had one on a screamer lost my grandson could not bring it in he is 8.... I thought he was going in after it this was Sunday at 630 pm

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

He had the best time out there he waited for 7 weeks for the boat to be fixed .. he came over front the main land for the weekend . Just to go fish with me . Watching him playing the fish was the best . .

with the mass of boats off the harbour today there are no reports? Guess it's gone dead out there and no one caught anything worth posting

2pm to 6 off the harbour. One hit, one 18# boated. Saw 3 other little fish netted.
Over a dozen boats still fishing the green can hoping for the bite to come on when we left.

Went out again last night to try to break streak, nothing for a couple hours and then hooked into a monster fish that stripped off a couple of hundred feet right off

Finally after 10 minutes got it tired out and to the boat - when a seal shot out from under the boat and grabbed it.

Cue another 20 mins of yelling at the seal - eventually it ripped the fish, leaving me with only the bottom jaw left on the hook. Showed it to the fishing guy who lives on the boat next to me and he said he thinks it was around 25-27lbs. Argh!

went out on Friday and Saturday. Friday got a 13 and 20 off of esquimalt side. Parking lot of boats working the breakwater I thought maybe move away from the pack and keep my long weekend pleasant. Saturday mostly wild coho. Ran out to pedder in the afternoon and not much there either. Ride back was interesting when the water blew up a bit. Just a bit lumpy for the ride in oh wells the good old DE held it's own. Thanks to the guys at the dock on Friday who had all the patience when my steering gave up and I was trying to get back on the docks. Much appreciated. We managed to salvage Friday the best day of the weekend for us.

Hey guys just reminding everybody that the doc at Macaulay Point is closed 18th 19th and 20th of September for stupid art show we should all call the mayor and and tell her there has to be a better place for them to hold their shows then to shut down our dock every year

15 lb. white and a 10 lb. red off the harbor mouth.
both mature females ready to spawn. but where ?

as you know...they will spawn no where...that's one run you can fish til the Seals or the fishermen take the last one
Some relocated fisheries (commonly called Pen Fish) will find a near by river to spawn in as a last resort...but not these fish.
I am not telling you anything you do not already know

Got a 24 and a 25 double header Wednesday,both were wild and white.Both were males and still very bright.Thursday was slow for me but I saw 6 or 7 fish caught.Had another Scotty digital counter fail again,that's 2 since new in April.They replaced it no problem ,but it still ruins a good day fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back