Victoria Reports 2015

I use my big catch and release salmon net. Bring in a few hundred at a time. The small ones fall out but who cares kinda deal.

JL.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Willyjim 8-12 AM on the waterfront today. No keepers, just 3 little ones. Sure we're lots of crabs over by Esquimalt Lagoon though. All males too.

Heres a suggestion for you-=-Ask the guys from Renfrew how the crabs made out after the commercials got wind of it---- just saying....

Wow, Heaven forbid someone posts their catch in the "fishing reports" thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will post a fishing report on the reports page. Fishing Hali on Sunday between albert head and William head. It was on fire for dog fish! We got our dog fish limit in no time. They were eating everything, I mean everything!

Well I will post a fishing report on the reports page. Fishing Hali on Sunday between albert head and William head. It was on fire for dog fish! We got our dog fish limit in no time. They were eating everything, I mean everything!

Dogfish this time of year ?? unheard of.... :D

Question for you old timers: When you find herring, how do you fish for salmon around it? Still on the bottom? Same presentation? Thanks
(sorry, this isn't a report, just a question related to the discussion)

We were up haro for hali as it was lumpy off discovery on sunday..2 doggies 1 skate 3 hali and a flounder..this weekend looks great current wise..plus if you are able to,border banks has been on fire for them usa clipped springs;)

Question for you old timers: When you find herring, how do you fish for salmon around it? Still on the bottom? Same presentation? Thanks

Had luck in the summer trolling around balls at 30' on the rigger.

I'm not really an "old timer" just old-ish but in my experience, salmon are usually just below (and sometimes to the side) of the bait ball. Downrigger trolling at a depth = to the bottom of the bait ball works well as does dropping a cut plug/banana weight combo to that depth.

Scott,
We just got called "old timers," I remember when other guys were old timers and we were bright eyed and bushy tailed! Damn

9 till 2 on the hook on the mud flats yesterday. Picked up a 32 on the tide change. Before that we got a good taste of the "world class" dogfish fishing experience that is available to the Victoria angling community. Weather was great after the rain stopped.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Willyjim 8-12 AM on the waterfront today. No keepers, just 3 little ones. Sure we're lots of crabs over by Esquimalt Lagoon though. All males too.

Not against giving a report for fish-- but for semi sedentary species like crab-- especially since they are almost worth their weight in gold now, to actually post a specific location (like.... Sure were lots of crabs over by Esquimalt Lagoon) is going to get your location a LOT of attention that it doesnt need. But its not my area, so fill your boots-- but dont come complaining on the Board about all those nasty commies (or even other rec fishermen) when all of a sudden you cant find a legal crab for the pot.--- and I am speaking from over 50 years fishing on this coast, so its not bu!! ****.

Wow, Heaven forbid someone posts their catch in the "fishing reports" thread

Might want to get that checked out Scott......
Last I heard chimney fires weren't really a good thing....

Back