Powell River 2015

Yep. Are you? Might have to run back up. If there was lots of bait it would be a no brainer. Hardly any bait so not sure if the fish will hang around. There was fish there the weekend before.

Yes I'm sounds like a few guys heading that way. I'm staying around here should be fun. Your derby was a lot better then our derby. See you on the water or at weigh in

Come on guys 100 boats in the local derby this Sat. Where are you all fishing? Oh I know Salmon Point...

Come on guys 100 boats in the local derby this Sat. Where are you all fishing? Oh I know Salmon Point...
Salmon Point can produce! All I know is put some choveys on the brine. They have been getting some major action the last couple of days.

Where is salmon point-again out of curiosity -like to see where you guys fish-is it called something else on the charts?

Hi sorry just a local joke no salmon point around here.

Some of the local hot spots are hardwood island, kitty point (coho point to locals), Grants reef, Mystery Reef, Iron mines ( the big wall before Lund), Vanada (east side of texada). if you want more details let me know, maybe I will see you on sat at some of your spots.

Went out mid afternoon today until sun down. Started out at Grants, spent a few hours there and moved to Hardwood on the Vivian side, finally found some bait there but still no fish. Stopped at the mill for half an hour before it got dark and didn't see anything on the sounder there either. Hopefully some fish turn up for all the guys in the derby tomorrow. Good Luck!

Any word on the derby today? I couldn't make it out because I was on call this weekend.:( I heard it's been so-so. Just wondering if any one has any reports yet?

100 boats and lots of them skunked on springs including mine. The winner was approx 22lbs. Some boats did well sounded like quick bites then nothing. Biggest ling was also around 20lbs. Fun day on the water with friends.

Headed up to my place on Hernando Friday for a week and wondered how the fishing has been. Grants, Sentury Shoal, Twin, Harwood, Toba, Iron Mines, Sarah Pt. I have heard Campbell has been solid at the hump and Green can. But would prefer to fish elsewhere if possible. Thanks

Heading to texada in a couple weeks. Any recommendations on locations for springs around then? I've heard coho point thrown around a bit but unsure of location. Staying in gillies bay. Is coho pt. north or south of there? Thanks

Dave

Heading to texada in a couple weeks. Any recommendations on locations for springs around then? I've heard coho point thrown around a bit but unsure of location. Staying in gillies bay. Is coho pt. north or south of there? Thanks

Dave

I love Texada was just camping at Shelter Point last weekend. I saw some boats come and go. Coho Point is the local nickname for Kiddie Point which is North of Gillies Bay and a bit of a run it's right where the Ferry comes in next to Blubber Bay. I would fish just out of Gillies Bay to the north towards the barge terminal. Also Favada Point. The reports I'm getting are things have slowed down. Lasqueti Island might be a good option, but I don't know much about it. I will be back on Texada at the end of July for a week.

Any reports around quarry bay? Does Irish cream, Gut Bomb, Kitchen Sink, Leprechaun, Cookies n Cream lures work there or should i be using plugs and anchovies?

I usually fish there... I think I'll be trying southern Texada or Epsom pt this weekend though, wasn't stellar last weekend, but was rough too. (I'm out of Pender harbour). Not worth the run from Powell river IMO if you are out of there

Thanks left coast. That's where I fished last year. I'll give that a go again. Anyone know where grants reef is located?

Back