Powell River 2015

Was that around 10-11?
We weren't far from you and went 5 for 8 in that one hour.
All 16-21 lbs. Quiet before and after.

Yep it was. Right in the middle of the tide change. Not what you are expecting. A buddy had the same results on Saturday. What boat were you? I am a 2359 Trophy.

Had no luck fishing near Comox early today, so ran across to try Kiddie Pt. Two good hits in the 3ish hrs I was there (it was my first time there, so I don't exactly have it dialed in) only landed one which was a beauty 21lber. Enjoyed fishing there, may have to make the trek a bit more often.

Had no luck fishing near Comox early today, so ran across to try Kiddie Pt. Two good hits in the 3ish hrs I was there (it was my first time there, so I don't exactly have it dialed in) only landed one which was a beauty 21lber. Enjoyed fishing there, may have to make the trek a bit more often.

Some Nice fish coming in from that area. Shhh don't tell your friends

we fished coho pt yesterday, four in the tub and lost a couple. three were caught on plugs and one on a spoon. 99 - 180 feet on the riggers

Just spent 3 nights in Toba the fishing was very slow. It can change fast up. Weather was awesome. Big coast guard boat with fisheries checked everyone around us. Checking for barbs and licenses good to see them it seems I get checked once a year.

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Butte near the Orford. By noon Saturday we had our 3 guy limit of prawns and crab plus a 34 lb spring and an 18 lb spring. Also got checked by the highly mobile DFO enforcement team. Good guys everything checked out OK

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Butte near the Orford. By noon Saturday we had our 3 guy limit of prawns and crab plus a 34 lb spring and an 18 lb spring. Also got checked by the highly mobile DFO enforcement team. Good guys everything checked out OK

Great guys very easy to chat with. Nice report I guess I was in the wrong Inlet.

Hey everybody, has anyone fished Grants Reef lately? Thinking of heading there on Saturday, would love to here some recent
stories, I thank you very muchly.

fished vananda last nite picked up one spring about 12 lbs. green and white iron needle spoon 120 feet on the rigger

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammered fish at Coho Pt this morning. 3 in an hr. 125 to 145 down in 260 of water. 407 plugs.

CohoMay92015.jpg

So put some miles on the old Bertram this weekend. Left Vancouver on Friday AM and fished Toba - all the usual spots Dean, Walsh, Brettle etc. Very slow - moved down to Sarah Pt and Twin and had 4 in short order. Stayed up in Toba Friday night and went to Bute on Saturday morning - fished Clippper and Orford. Very very slow also. Moved down to fish Penn Islands, Viner - notta.

Finally back to Sentury Shoal and Grants and we nailed em. Nothing big but good action with the Teenagers.

Sunday fished Harwood, Van Anada and did well again before heading back to Vancouver.

The fish are in the Gulf. Malspina, Bowen Hump and Thrasher.

We were chasing that crazy bite (10 fish tides) but never had it - like some have reported.

400 Miles later and one of the most incredible weekends on the water I have ever had and its only May.

Over and out for now.

Back