OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yah Pippen you're just jealous you couldn't join me and Luke today! Didn't miss much I think the party's over out there for the moment. Only saw the one boat solo guy in a riverboat aluminum looked like he had a double header and netted one and gaffed the other. Claim one of them was a 34. He actually wasn't too sure of the regs and asked us how many he could keep and whether he could continue fishing after his two springs. That was the only action we We had a couple of undersized and one or two that didn't stick. Probably just small fish as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished sandheads through the low slack and into the flood up until 430 or so. Very slow only one hatch coho for us and only saw 2 nets out for the 25 to 30 boats out there. Drove right by the boat on fire, all people were safe and sound by the time we arrived. Would have been very scary. As for sandheads, my guess is the best is over, the epic fishing that sooke and Victoria was having seemed to have slowed well over 10 days ago and now it's our turn. THERE SURE WE'RE SOME KILLER DAYS.

The smoke was pretty heavy at the campus last night, hope everyone is ok. Hoping to get out Friday morning, Cap or Sandheads haven't decided yet.

Just looking at Windyty.com and it looks like this cloud should burn off by late morning or noon.

Do you guys mind dropping a report in around noon if possible? We're trying to decide if we run south at 1 or stay up north.....dmurph's report didn't sound too promising from yesterday at Sandheads. :(

For the fun of it, do chums come in and bite at the mouth of the Fraser River? Is there a sport fishery for this type of salmon?

For the fun of it, do chums come in and bite at the mouth of the Fraser River? Is there a sport fishery for this type of salmon?

Yup....they're out there now. We had one last week at Sandheads....a buddy got one on Sunday. They are around and great fighters!

I seem to recall seeing a pic of one taken the other day at the Cap too.

Report from this morning at the Cap. Nothing for us in 3 hours, (9-noon) but saw a few nets out and talked to guys with decent fish. First time we got skunked in the past 4 trips, so that's OK. Also saw two guys catch what appeared to be dogfish. Beautiful day on the water, though. Dead calm and like summer.

Back