OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was told from my bud that works on a different tug that it's in 900' of water.

How's it looking out there today boys?
Might get a stab on the weekend...
nice release Nick, way to go

Great looking kid....not a bad fish either! Get em hooked young...way to go.
Looks flat for tomorrow and we'll be heading out and have a report.

Great looking kid....not a bad fish either! Get em hooked young...way to go.
Looks flat for tomorrow and we'll be heading out and have a report.

Thanks CohoOn! I am working to getting the lad hooked (like my dad and grampa did to me). He wants to go out now all the time as the last two outings he has boated smaller fish on his own. He is also an awesome first mate when the fishing is hot (steering through the fleet and getting the net). Looking forward to your report tomorrow and we are hoping to get out on the weekend.

At Sandheads from 1230 to 430, one strike pulled out of the clip and gone, then just after 3 a double header of 10 lb chum, both released. Nothing else for our effort. Water settled down nice for the trip back North.

We got into a couple of teeners at the Cap right on bottom.....headed west into the flood. One showing a bit of colour and one nice chromer.

Now.....before I go bananas......do people know the way the flow and the tack goes at the Cap? You won't catch us dead there on Saturday or Sunday this weekend. Not even 20 boats and it was a **** show with guys running east/west the complete wrong way.....not to mention the north/south guys going back and forth from the shipping lane to the channel marker right across the fleet that had picked up on the general east/west flow. :rolleyes:

Just in case anyone is reading this and is new to the area.....as there ARE some unfamiliar boats out there. Right rod to shore.....so you run east on the outside and then do your turn towards the north shore and head west on the inside.

North/south tacks back and forth across the fleet are really not conducive to making it easy to fish with JUST 20 boats out there. Also....for the guys who run west and then east right on the inside just off the channel marker.....you don't quite get it when guys are putting their arms up and shaking their heads?

HOLY COW.

I will not be a total arse but to the guy in the blue hulled Cutwater called Cloud Nine; could you not figure out the tack and that north/south wasn't quite working with people avoiding you? Add to that when you're doing circles right at the channel marker.....did you notice that you were the ONLY one pulling those manoeuvers?

Anyhow....for those that want to know. Bumping the mud as usual.....and glow teasers with mid-size chovies were the ticket. We were only there for a couple of hours and got them both on the same rig, close to being on the turn heading into the flood at the "usual" spot if you know where I mean. ;) Only saw a couple of nets out and I think a couple were coho, I think I only saw what looked like one other spring hooked, possibly two.

Okay.....rant off. I can only imagine what Saturday will be like there. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

pippen it's not just those not in the know doing the east along the shore, both days I was there last week one of the charter boats continued doing it pushing people off the marker, he knows what he's doing, i know him and he's just being a dickhead, he was lucky he didn't try and push me off or my aluminum would have been squarely planted in his bow.

slow day
hit T10 around 10 am and then went down to sandheads for lunchtime

with only the odd fish being hooked and not much action
we headed back up towards T10 then late afternoon north arm and towards the bell

we picked up a chum of about ten pounds at north arm about 5.30
and pulled the pin about 6.30pm at the bell

pucker evening on the water

lots of wood in the water, so keep a good look out running..

It's important to remember that right rod to rocks is a courtesy that fishermen choose to participate in, not a navigational rule of the road. If you collide with the port side of another vessel you will most likely be found responsible for the collision.

Pippen, sounds like the same boat we had a few head shakes at on Saturday. Complete moron.

Also had a rather large boat cruise past us by the pink apartments at full tilt within 30 feet of us......some people just have more dollars than sense.

Part of the problem is just a lack of courtesy. It can be challenging if you are between other boats with no where to go, especially if guys get bent out of shape if they need to slightly alter their course like the jackass I encountered on Sunday. Try to adjust to make room for everyone if you can. And don't be one of the many idiots who always expects everyone else to move out of the way.

It's important to remember that right rod to rocks is a courtesy that fishermen choose to participate in, not a navigational rule of the road. If you collide with the port side of another vessel you will most likely be found responsible for the collision.

Completely agree....but in many tight areas around the coast this is a norm. Aside from that....the north/south tack was ridiculous.

Pippen, sounds like the same boat we had a few head shakes at on Saturday. Complete moron.

Cloud Nine which he was on in more ways than one stood out as he had one red mooching reel and a levelwind.

pippen it's not just those not in the know doing the east along the shore, both days I was there last week one of the charter boats continued doing it pushing people off the marker, he knows what he's doing, i know him and he's just being a dickhead, he was lucky he didn't try and push me off or my aluminum would have been squarely planted in his bow.

Yep.....there was one smaller guide boat tonight doing it tonight as well.

Back