OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

:)Some very nice looking fish & crabs guys. Will be out there shortly, as soon as I can get my New fuel system instailed....

Anyone give the hump a go lately?
I gave the Hump a brief try last Sunday a.m. before the fog bank rolled in towards the harbour. I was intending to cross to Thrasher but the fog bank looked pretty thick out in the Strait/Salish Sea and I didn't feel like running via radar. No salmon and 3 small cod (pacific cod?) at the Hump.

I gave the Hump a brief try last Sunday a.m. before the fog bank rolled in towards the harbour. I was intending to cross to Thrasher but the fog bank looked pretty thick out in the Strait/Salish Sea and I didn't feel like running via radar. No salmon and 3 small cod (pacific cod?) at the Hump.
wasn't worth the trip across anyway, we booted across and fished till 230 with nothing to show for it, was about 10 other boats in our general area and didn't see a thing,
had one boat come along side and said he got one off a dipsey diver after a rigger incident, guess I was fishing the wrong end of the water column:rolleyes:
fog stayed high so visibility was a non issue,

went a little old school on friday night on the back side of Bowen. Picked up this beauty on a purple label cut plug with dummy flasher down in the mud. Very nice fight without a flasher and even more fun on the old cut plug.....almost felt like the 90's.....

1426295388446.jpg

Good Looking chromer you got there Mike..... itching to get out there soon.

hahaha, good times. Its funny I am always looking for the next hot spoon color trying to match some bigger herring out there and I keep walking by a freezer full of the real thing. I think I will be using more cut bait in the future......

You have the next hot spoon already Buuuuddy.

We will hook some meat to it Wednesday ;)

Any word from The Hump?
Should be soon...dropping into the marina next weekend for the summer

well i may be in that area tomorrow if the wind keeps down
lovey eve in the sound here flat as a pancake clam
if it blows tunstall and the waterfall is looking like the place to be ......:p

Back