OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sounds like even the harbour will be a mess tomorrow with forecast strong southwest winds... a few extra pops tonight it is then

Would Love to get out there but working on the boat, another season and getting ready for the Boat Show. Hopefully I will be out there soon.... getting a Bad itch......Hopefully the weather starts getting better, mostly the winds.

Was supposed to head to the other side today..a tad windy for open strait fishing....

HAHA, been there done that......wasnt to fun either:mad:
was a very Looooong run

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't bad out there at all today. Flat calm in West Van and freighters.
Fished from 12-4. West Van, freighters, QA. No luck, not much bait on the screen.
1-2' chop off Point Grey but definitely not rough.

Can anyone comment on the visibility the last week? Hopping on a buddys boat this weekend and the boat is not equipped with a dome. No mention of fog here or enviro can so....has it been good?

What day you guys going out Nick?
I was out the weekend before and the fog was laying in the fields but once we hit McDonald's launch there was nothing to speak of, unless it really socks in again you should be good to go.

Time to go fishin'... If it's flat...GO WEST young man. saw a smokin' photo report from yesterday... Spoons behind flashers.

Time to go fishin'... If it's flat...GO WEST young man. saw a smokin' photo report from yesterday... Spoons behind flashers.
Hmmm, me thinks me saw that same report, SE winds are gonna pick up a little over the weekend shouldnt be too bad tho

yes boys go west and leave the bounty for me ........................lol

looks like i will be hauling and fitting new toys

Ya the fog was quite thin on the water Guy, as you said. Just fiddled around the harbor happily. Nada.

Did an hour and half in Tunstall today. First time out since October.

Looked like a lot of bait in the 40-50ft zone so ran one rod there and the other on the bottom. No action.

Nice water, and pretty warm out there. Got the boat cleaned up a bit.
Lots of wood in the water.

just got an email from a friend went out late
3pm till dusk and they bagged a 77cm 16-18lber
down deep off keats nr to gibsons
green/glow hootchie

well done lads as i stayed home and played with installing transducers & running cables

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 861
After a couple of lean years am able to post a positive result.

This morning an hour before high slack, 16 lbs on anchovy @ 145' in Howe Sound.

Attachments

• P1000546.jpg
    P1000546.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 545
Nice fish there Ken, you wont be able to keep them out of the boat now:)

Porlier on Friday....."working" from the water. :p

Can't wait!!
ahh damn!
does this mean I should prepare to be inundated with harassing text mesgs and photo shopped shakers AGAIN!:p
just so you know I wont be thinking of you while I'm hard at work.

Back