Iron Needle Lures - Now in full COLOUR!

Not bashing anyone, just stating the obvious that it's a very expensive lure.

Point taken. I'll fish 'em next time out and see what happens....however, due to the faster than usual troll speed these require, I'll have to match the other gear and fish plugs or other classic commercial spoons to match. It will by no means be a conclusive test in Offshore Vancouver and Gabriola Fisheries. I would definitely recommend a couple of specific colour patterns for local fisheries however.

For the Vancouver Island anglers who have patiently waited, Iron Needle Lures are now available at the Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.

Harbour Chandler - 52 Eslanade, Nanaimo, BC - 250-753-2425

During the introductory retail sales of the lures, stock is limited at this time.

-Nick @ Iron Needle

Under the right conditions this spoon has been my go to catcher especially when the big candlefish are around. I've seen it smash anchovies some days

Eman, much like Rome, the new sizes won't be built in a day! But rest assured, smaller sizes are under production, though I cannot offer any further info regarding a release date.

Fishtofino, excellent work with the lures! It's great hearing of your successes.

For those people finding success with Iron Needles, if you happened to have taken pictures documenting your catch with the lures, I'd love to see them. Please share your pictures, or if you prefer to keep them private but wouldn't mind sharing them with me personally for my own private portfolio (as hearing and seeing landed fish on Iron Needles is really the most satisfying part of the process for me!), it would be greatly appreciate. Pictures sent to me privately would not be used without consent from the sender.

ironneedlelures@gmail.com

Cheers.

HI Nog and others.

What is the recommended trolling speed and leader length, and leader line weight, for Iron Needle lures. Also is it recommended to have a flasher or dummy flasher, or no flasher.
Any other tips for using them is appreciated.

Thanks

HI Nog and others.

What is the recommended trolling speed and leader length, and leader line weight, for Iron Needle lures. Also is it recommended to have a flasher or dummy flasher, or no flasher.
Any other tips for using them is appreciated.

Thanks
I fish it naked under a dummy flasher right off the bottom

Trolling for Salmon and Halibut

If fishing with a "dummy flasher" set-up:

Heavy leader, 40 - 80lb test. 8' long, connected to your mainline using a high speed swivel. (Do not attach swivel to lure)
Set you lure approximately 8 feet behind the dummy attractor.
Trolling speed: 2.0 - 2.8 knots (2.4 - 3.4 mph)

If fishing with an inline flasher:

Heavy leader, 40-60 lb test. 8' long.
Set flasher 12-16' from the release clip.
Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 2.6 knots (2.4 - 3.1 mph)

Other leader lengths and test line has proven successful as well, but this is how we fish the lures.
Tight lines...

Fished earlier this week and had some real pin poppers with this spoon. had green and hologram lure tape. trolled fast out in Victoria.

JL

Worth every penny in my mind. They slay the fish and I'm happy to support local companies especially ones involved in the forum.
You spent thousands on boat, insurance, gas etc etc. Is 17$ really going to break the bank? Go buy a 40$ fish from the store then.
I remember when i was around 6 or 7 my dad told me you get what you pay for. That still rings true today, quality costs more in most cases. If you dont like the price go buy a 3$ spoon from Walmart.

Cheers Capt.

The fish are biting. Time to get a few!

Tight lines heavy leaders!
That's all well and good-Id love to buy some coloured ones-I have lots of the silver and gold but I'm not about to drive all the way to Nanaimo for some lures which may or may not be there. When is the on-line site selling again?

That's all well and good-Id love to buy some coloured ones-I have lots of the silver and gold but I'm not about to drive all the way to Nanaimo for some lures which may or may not be there. When is the on-line site selling again?

Yah I was a little disappointed to here the site was closed down. I am out here in Alberta and would like to get a few in the box before i head out west again this summer. Would like the time to run a few for lake trout on my home lake and get a feel for them. Will be putting in an order as soon as the site is up again.

Don't feel bad or disappointed ....... Can't find them out Fraser Valley at all. Army and Navy should be their go to store in Langley as their fishing department is terrific , but I'll be darn if I'm driving to Vancouver to get them .

They do look like a good lure and paying for the stiffer better quality of spoon is ok with me, no different then buying a good plug.

Oh well guess it's coyotes, t macs , krippled ks for ever.

I already have a boat full of tackle, but one can never have enough. So my question is what colour do you guys suggest for fishing for springs on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in late July and early August?

I already have a boat full of tackle, but one can never have enough. So my question is what colour do you guys suggest for fishing for springs on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in late July and early August?

Don't know; that's why I bought 6 different ones. Pretty sure I'll put down the MOP and watermelon first. July 1st.

Can't go wrong with a Nogs Needle or one of its glow counterparts.

To follow up, a couple more retailers have jumped on board and are carrying Iron Needle Lures.

Berry's Bait and Tackle
14651 Westminster HWY
Richmond, BC
604-273-5901

Sea-Run Fly & Tackle
1140 Austin Ave
Coquitlam, BC
604-931-5044

Back