Iron Needle Lures - Now in full COLOUR!

I also rec'd mine today. I have a feeling a number of springs are going to die on these this coming summer.

Throw them down with a dummy flasher johnfw, get the attraction of the flasher and the enjoyment of a better fight!

Merry Christmas to everyone:
Received my first order today and what a great addition to the tackle box.
Question, I am heading on a fishing trip to mexico this Jan. and am wondering if one of these killers would work on Dorados or any other of the smaller bill fish ?
Just a thought but might be worth a try.

Cheers and all the best for the New Year.
Robbie

Ran the glow/uv nogs needle today while waiting for traps to soak. No bites didnt really find any bait. But oh man does it look deadly in the water!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone:
Received my first order today and what a great addition to the tackle box.
Question, I am heading on a fishing trip to mexico this Jan. and am wondering if one of these killers would work on Dorados or any other of the smaller bill fish ?
Just a thought but might be worth a try.

Cheers and all the best for the New Year.
Robbie
I doubt it-I have tried coyotes and the like many times and have never scared up a Dorado. First off if you are with a guide you'll never get him to slow down enough for a spoon of any type to work-if you have your own boat then maybe you might get a hit-I have taken the very odd dorado off the beach with a Krocodile casting spoon-so there is hope I suppose!

....I am heading on a fishing trip to mexico this Jan. and am wondering if one of these killers would work on Dorados or any other of the smaller bill fish ?
If they're heavy enough run it on 4' of 80# leader waythehellandgone behind the boat-Dorado & small Tuna will hit one but usually not Billfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet!!! Thank you for sharing Capt. Crunch

I can not wait I will get some painted needle fish!

Used a White/Green Nog's in the Homer, AK Winter King Derby last month. We did not win, but it nailed 2 fish, including a 21# white king. We nicknamed the lure "The Impaler", 'cuz the fish hit it so hard the hook went up thru the roof of the mouth and out the top of the head. Great lure!

Used a White/Green Nog's in the Homer, AK Winter King Derby last month. We did not win, but it nailed 2 fish, including a 21# white king. We nicknamed the lure "The Impaler", 'cuz the fish hit it so hard the hook went up thru the roof of the mouth and out the top of the head. Great lure!

Lol.

if anyone is looking to purchase these in a retail store I was in Pacific Angler on Broadway in Vancouver last week and they have a selection in stock. I bought a couple.

Back