2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Sculpin

It would be nice to keep all the projects under one roof so to speak :). If your doing some cool new projects to your rig post em up here. Pic's are encouraged big time!.

Here is one of my new projects this fall.

I got rid of my old prawning gear to a buddy that had the same stuff. He can use my old traps for parts.
I recently picked up 4 new Bauers with new line, weights, and floats. Ready to go now thanks to the help of chipstealer (aka Bart).

New trap rack fabricated and installed. The fish cleaning station just slips out and I just slip it into the two pipes welded onto the back side of the electrical cabinet. Two bungee's meeting in the middle will hold them in there.

Pretty slick system really. This one is folded over on all four sides. I can use it to sort prawns etc. I'm building FA a much bigger unit that will hold 8 Bauer's across his transom.

If you want to post up boat mod's, projects, etc. feel free to do so on this thread. Look forward to the posts and reading about what you are doing to your boats :D.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I should have my new air ride seat in next week and will post up the installation :).

Prawning must be good up there for FA to need all those traps!

Looking forward to pics of the air ride that will make the tuna grounds feel a little closer. My offseason plan is a wood stove in the garage to make those winter projects a bit more comfortable.

Looking forward to pics of the air ride that will make the tuna grounds feel a little closer. My offseason plan is a wood stove in the garage to make those winter projects a bit more comfortable.
No prawning is so slow I need to use 8 traps......

I love wood heat. That sounds like a great project for the garage!

Got me a new 3G radar from HC.....

Having a reboarding ladder built..... It floats and its removable

Photos of the new cleaning table/prawn trap carrier to come :)

New motor in the new year as well as a new trailer.....

Where did you pick up the 3G ?? I am looking to add one to my boat as well. I also picked up a HDS7 to go with the 10 I installed when I bought the boat.

Got me a new 3G radar from HC.....

Having a reboarding ladder built..... It floats and its removable

Photos of the new cleaning table/prawn trap carrier to come :)

New motor in the new year as well as a new trailer.....

Something I have been working on this evening....

I build some pretty skookum wheel fenders out of 1/4" aluminum checker for my gal a few years ago. The mounting system wasn't the greatest. I build four separate fenders and they mounted on a stock trailer fender channel mount.

Well a few members on here can attest to the things falling off on the dirt roads that my rig frequents do to the separate fender design and the through bolting required to keep them on that center channel mount. Well enough is enough!!! I welded them together to make them one piece and cut out the end plates and put in one single offset mounting plate that bolts directly to one of the sides of the channel mount. This should stop any of the wearing through of the holes and vibration etc. Time will tell.

Ok the machine is home..... Oh Ya :)

Check out the completed floating/removable reboarding ladder..... This is a real ladder. Freaken bullet proof :)

Now how about this new home cleaning table/prawn trap carrier :)

No more traps on the floor to crawl over......... Built to hold 8 Bauer Traps

Hey FA,

why did you raise your DR's so high...I have seen this a few times and am curious???

Thanks,

Guy

Really like the prawn/cleaning table! You have done some nice user freindly upgrades to your boat this year, well done.

gotta love aluminum!

That looks awesome Owen, do you anticipate bringing the table and traps on a combo prawn/salmon outing? If so, me thinks you'll have to run the rods of the side of the boat instead of out back or would you dunk the traps, pull table on store it? Just curious.

Back