2014 SFBC Derby Wrap Up

Owen

You deserve a very big heart felt THANK YOU from everyone, for taking on this 2014 SFBC Derby. From the very outset, you put in a tremendous effort and long days to make this a success.

I am not able to make the BBQ but would like to add my name to the list of people saying thank you for your work.

Don
(Phil my boat)

All entrants are required to check in prior to awards being handed out and get a draw ticket be sure to write your name on your ticket. Failing to do so will result in you not having the chance to win donated prizes.

Great.... thanks to construction and a traffic jam past dollarton highway it looks like the only ferry I can make is the 12:50 from horshoe bay.

.....choked

Hoping to get to the park by 230...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back from the wind up, awesome job guys! A big thanks goes out to everyone who was involved in putting this on!!!

X3 thanks everyone Avery barely made it outta the parking lot before falling asleep such a good time and a special thanks goes out to Jessica for playing with Avery great time and nice to meet some awesome people !!!
se3y9uze.jpg

x3 - a big hand to Owen for putting the whole thing together - as well as all of those who donated to the prize table. Sorry I couldn't stay around to help with the clean up - but I had to get home to BBQ for a bunch of folks my wife invited over for dinner this evening...

What an Awesome BBQ, was great to finally meet some more forum members, bigbruce you n derby did an awesome job on the BBQ , those burgers were amazing! and of course Owen n Laura did an amazing job putting this all together for an all around goodtime for a great cause! Can't wait for next year!! :cool:

Just home ourselves. Was an awesome way to cap it off! Congrats to the winners. Big shout to Owen and laura for making this thing happen and everyone else who contributed. Burgers where awesome by the way!! Nice to see a few new faces as well as some familiar ones.

haha..... funny moment just now when I was tipping the girl at the local beer store, I was heading out the door when she said "thanks Jeffywestcoast " .. I was half way home wondering how she knew my forum name???.. once I made it home I realized I was still wearing my nametag from the BBQ...LOL :p

Great Job Owen & Laura..Looks like fun was had bye all..... Great meeting some new faces and burning burgers with Big Bruce...:)

Good to meet some folks. And thanks to the organizers. No small task there for sure.

My favourite part was the little girl winning the bike. That was awesome!!!
My sad part was not winning that wicked fish cleaning station. ;)

How much money did LRES end up getting?

the event was awesome thanks Owen...and everyone else involved....Nice the meet a lot of members on here.........Very great having this... Kids had fun as well..

haha..... funny moment just now when I was tipping the girl at the local beer store, I was heading out the door when she said "thanks Jeffywestcoast " .. I was half way home wondering how she knew my forum name???.. once I made it home I realized I was still wearing my nametag from the BBQ...LOL :p

Ha ha ha..I spent a half hour in Cabellas with mine on. As I was walking out I noticed a guy walking in with his on as well. Not sure who it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha ha..I spent a half hour in Cabellas with mine on as well. As I was walking out I noticed a guy walking in with his on as well. Not sure who it was. Not sure who it was.
We were there too also bumped into Owen. Bonus was they ringed us in at Cabellas with the GC twice for 20 off so worked out to 40 off and we didn't even spend 150... LOL

I just have to echo all the good vibes from the previous posters... Great to be able to put a face to a lot of the names on the board. The prize contributors and the organizers and our two best cookies (awesome burgers and dogs!) were very generous, so thanks to all.

Back