Nanaimo Hatchery Garage Sale fund raiser

Hot Rods

Support the Nanaimo River Community Fish Hatchery by donating any of your surplus boating or fishing gear to our Garage Sale. We'll take anything related to boating as long as it works. Sale will be held Sunday, November 2nd at the hatchery as part of Spawning Day and Open House celebrations. You can drop your donations off at the hatchery or send me a PM and I will arrange pick up or another suitable drop off location. The event is a great family day with demonstrations, tours, fish release, draws, kids prize fish pond and more.

Additional info to follow closer to the event date.

Bump. Thanks for posting this Hot Rods.

I'm in the process of doing some fall cleaning and will have a bunch of stuff to donate.

Come on folks. Please dig through your stuff and donate some of it for a great cause and event! :).

Bump again for this great cause and event.

I'm just going through my stuff right now and will be donating some great items. I'm sure there are others out there that can put a few things together to help raise money for the hatchery. It's nice to give back or pay it forward folks. Which ever way you look at it, it's up to us to help out where we can. Just PM Hot Rods to make arrangements if you can't make it to the fund raiser. You can PM me as well if you need stuff picked up in Nanaimo. I will make sure it gets there.

Cheers,
John

Bump again for this great cause and event.

I'm just going through my stuff right now and will be donating some great items. I'm sure there are others out there that can put a few things together to help raise money for the hatchery. It's nice to give back or pay it forward folks. Which ever way you look at it, it's up to us to help out where we can. Just PM Hot Rods to make arrangements if you can't make it to the fund raiser. You can PM me as well if you need stuff picked up in Nanaimo. I will make sure it gets there.

Cheers,
John

or PM me if I can be of help...;) see you tomorrow night john...:)

Thanks everyone. The hatchery Spawning Day / fund raiser was another success. We had an impressive number of people brave the weather and come out for a day at the hatchery. With the exception of the lady who passed out during the salmon dissecting demonstration I think everyone had a great time. It has certainly evolved into a must-do event for families as we add more and more things (like the Harbour Chandler prize pond) for the kids to do. 450 kids attended. Don't have a final tally yet but the donation box at the front gate was stuffed, went through several hundred pounds of salmon at the BBQ, the garage sale did well and we even had over $400 in the 'adopt a fish' donation box. Not bad when you consider this event used to cost the hatchery money to put on.

Just got the final numbers for the hatchery spawning day/fund raiser. We took in $8114.25 thanks to a great bunch of very generous people. See everyone the first Sunday in November next year for a repeat.

Just got the final numbers for the hatchery spawning day/fund raiser. We took in $8114.25 thanks to a great bunch of very generous people. See everyone the first Sunday in November next year for a repeat.

That's awesome. Thanks for posting the results.

Back