Pender Bluffs

Fished the bluffs yesterday from 7:30 till 3:00. Hit one spring at 8:30ish using a purple onion flasher and glow geeen
teaser head at 120 ft.Turned out to be a decent 18 lber.Another spring on the same gear an hour later.Fought it for a few minutes until snuffy the seal decided he was feeling a bit peckish.Battled that slimmy little bugger for a good 30 mins.
before the hook let go.Got my gear back at least so wasn't too pissed off.Also a few pinks but much slower than a few
days before on them.Good day all around.

Any news from the bluffs? I'm heading out tomorrow night and I'm wondering what the Pink situation is like? Any luck with the Chinooks?

I was out on Sunday afternoon for the slack. There were some boats catching the odd pink, but nothing too dramatic. Had a big hit at 110 ft but didn't stick (XL Anchovy, Purple Haze flasher, Green teaser). Couldn't even buy a salmon.

Then the large pod of orcas came through and cruised among the boats really close to the bluffs. Surprise surprise, all the fish went away.

Fished the bluffs yesterday from 6:30 till 3:00.Ran anchovies on 2 rods down deep with a third out the back shallow for
pinks.Got 6 pinks in short order and just ran bait the rest of the day.Tried to stay away from the pinks down deep 140-
180 ft. but still caught the little buggers.Ran out of bait and called it a day.No springs but a beauty day on the water
with only a dozen boats around.

Fished the bluffs between 5-8 last night. 3 Pink, 2 Chinook. Nothing of size. Has slowed down a bit, most of the other boats were showing 1 or 2.

Bait marking between 50-110.

Took the grandkids out to the bluffs yesterday and picked up a couple of Pinks. They had fun even though things were a little slow. Turned out to be a pretty nice day compared to the forecast. Lots of bait,around and a fair number of boats. All our hits were between 50-80 ft.

Went out on a solo mission from 4-8PM last night. Marking bait non stop near the white cliffs between 60-150. Ended up hitting a 20lb chinook at 69 feet that pulled hard and surfaced about 200 feet to the stern, only to be run over by another boat but somehow kept the fish on the line. Eventually it spat the hook, then went for the other line. Ended up landing the extremely tired chinook (somehow) on what would have appeared to be the biggest $%*t show to any of the other boats watching.

Saw quite a few nets out. Landed the one chinook, 2 pinks (one released), and released a wild coho.

Good week at the Bluffs. Fairly easy limits on picks. Even got a couple of mid teens springs and a nice 10 lb hatch coho. 45' with small pink hoothie and green flasher. Got one of the springs on that also. Other spring was 85 on a 4" blue coyote.

Fished the bluffs from 9 - 1 today. Seemed like a fairly slow day. Lots of boats but not too many nets. Lots of shakers spoiling our bait. Lost a nice size Spring. Ended up with a pink and a nice surprise in 10 lb hatch Coho.

Taking my prairie nephews fishing at the Bluffs tomorrow, 9am-noon. I sure hope we can catch a late pink or two! any lures or depths suggested? Thanks, Xena

Fished Pender Bluffs this morning. Started at about 8am and finished at noon. We hit 4 pinks and 1 spring(8#). Boated 1 and 1. All fish at 60' on green flasher and pink hoochie near the first white rocks. Seemed to be lots of nets out early. Saw another 3 springs boated around us. Lots of bait and fish sounding. Need to check lines as there were a fair number of shakers.

Great news, thanks. I thought we would throw out a cocktail of anchovy, pink hootchie and the Andrew P spoon. Wish us luck! Xena

somebody shut the bluffs off. Yesterday we could do no wrong and got 5 nice springs, today, we couldn't find anything more than 12 inches long! Blargh...

Took the prairie nephews (24,21) fishing at the Bluffs. They had a blast, 8 pinks on, 2 in the boat. Picked up some crab on the way in. Full day in the fresh air, the Coast put on a great show for them. Took them home for a feast. A few of beer and a belly full of seafood, a couple of sleepy guys! Grateful to be able to fish, happy to share the place we call home:) Xena

Right on Xena.Glad you were able to show them our beautiful part of the country.Planning a trip to the bluffs Monday.
Hope there's some big springs looking for a badly wounded anchovie hanging around!

We were at the bluffs Sunday afternoon 4:30 - 6:30, with friends who are visiting from Spain. We must have arrived just as the bite turned on. The boat in front of us landed 2 nice springs, and then it was our turn. A double header, followed by a solo. We ended up with 2 in the boat, both around #16. Lots of smiles and a story to tell for a lifetime.

Fished the Bluffs Monday 7:00 till 3:00.A few pinks we shook in the morning and a couple of shakers.Big hit on
anchovies,Purple onion flasher and glow green teaser head at 11:30 AM.16 lb. spring boated. That's 4 decent springs on that
combo for us in the last 4 trips.Heading out in the morning for another crack at em.Be nice to find one over 20 lbs.
but it seems to be a teener show so far.Wont complain as that size is better table fare IMHO.

Back