Pender Bluffs

Out for a quick fish this morning from 7:30 - 10:30. Ran chovies/flashers for Springs. No Springs but a nice 7 pound Coho. Around 6 boats out. Not a lot of nets out but saw a few other fish caught. Beauty day.

Picked up this nice 25lb spring off the bluffs this morning .. looks like there is some nice fish hanging around still ! Picked up a 12 lb spring as well. 25 was white.

Attachments

• 20140913_093351.jpg
    20140913_093351.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,837
Last edited by a moderator:
Two coho today at the bluffs, and one at hambley definitely had to work to get fish unlike beechy head right now. Heading back to beechy tomorrow.

Fished the bluffs from 0730 to 1300. Lots of boats but little action seen. We never got a sniff, but did see a couple of small fish boated. Pretty slim Pickens!

Any reports from Pender or the Sidney area?

Looking to head out with some friends tomorrow for the afternoon tide change.

Saw a dozen boats out there on Friday and Saturday, surely someone is on this forum?

We went out Saturday for the afternoon and boated 1 of our 2 strikes... a medium sized coho.

Right at the white face cliff in 100 feet ... right on the bottom.

Fished from 10am to 1pm today. Had 8 hits. Landed 4 wild coho. Released 2. Fished Irish Cream spoon with gold flashed. 100 to 110ft, off the white cliffs. About a dozen boats around....fair number of nets out. Not Sooke but a good morning.

Awesome day at the bluffs Sparkie! I hear it's been quite spotty there most of the Summer so good to see there are a few productive days sprinkled in. Any springs being caught or all coho?

No springs lately, although getting out early with anchovy can reward. Other point about yesterday was that a fast troll seem to create the most action. 3.5 mph plus seemed best. Fast troll(4 mph) also worked great out from Pedder Bay/Whirl Bay on Saturday morning.

Fished the bluffs on Saturday from 7:30 till 1. A nice wild 10 pound Coho and a hatch 5 pounder for our efforts but overall fairly slow. Lots of guys got skunked and nowhere near the action of a earlier in the week. Tried again this morning and a little more action. We managed to limit - 2 wild and 2 hatchery and done by 10:30 so the Coho are definitely around but you need to work a little for them. Usual location in front of the white bluff. Fished anchovies. Purple flasher and teaser seemed to out fish a green set up on the other side. Beauty weekend to finish the season for me. Warm out and dead calm water.

Fished the bluffs today from 9 to 1. Pretty good coho action and picked up a spring as well. Anchovy at 80-100 ft seemed to be the ticket.

Thanks for the report, Ziggy.

Anyone with a report from this week? Thinking of chasing Hos on Saturday at the bluffs.

Thanks for the report, Ziggy.

Anyone with a report from this week? Thinking of chasing Hos on Saturday at the bluffs.

Out today fishing was still good. P M'd you.

No secrets lol. Sorry just haven't seen much interest. Fish were in 80 to 120. Hit pretty much anything we put down, anchovy, coho killers and coyote. Pretty much steady coho action including a triple header.

We were out this morning at about 7:30 and quit at noon. Hooked 9 fish. Lost 2. Kept 2 hatchery and 2 wild. Fished deep 100 to 120 ft) along the cliffs. Used spoons...coho killer and Irish Cream 4". Nice morning. Flat water. Lots of fish being caught around us. Seemed to be a good day for all.

Great pic there kaelc! Not my boat but I'm sure that guy would like to get his hands on the photo. Good to hear the coho action has been steady and Pender Bluffs. I won't be able to get out there for another 2 weeks unfort. Does anyone have a good idea when the action is expected to die off?

Back