area 24/124 chinook closure

mjd

I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there seems to be another area that is open for Chinook landward of this line that allows 2 Chinook per day under 77cm from August 1st until October 15th? There is a pretty clear map provided by DFO that shows this however the written description is somewhat contradictory to the legend of the map. . .am i missing something here? are there actual markers and/or coordinates?

here is the map and written descriptions I am talking about:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/maps-cartes/notice-avis/24-ch-eng.pdf

sorry, re-posted this in the saltwater fishing forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there seems to be another area that is open for Chinook landward of this line that allows 2 Chinook per day under 77cm from August 1st until October 15th? There is a pretty clear map provided by DFO that shows this however the written description is somewhat contradictory to the legend of the map. . .am i missing something here? are there actual markers and/or coordinates?

here is the map and written descriptions I am talking about:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/maps-cartes/notice-avis/24-ch-eng.pdf

sorry, re-posted this in the saltwater fishing forum
Yes, you are allowed the unders on the surfline but no overs. You must be outside the line about a mile offshore to keep chinooks over 77cm. The inside waters themselves are coho retention only. No big hatchery like the Conuma in our area to pump out millions of chinooks

We also don't have the crowds and the combat fishing that comes with it :)

Back