Port Hardy Reports

Chovy1

Thought I would try and get something started for the Port Hardy area. Fished Friday at Daphne Point with hootchies to start then switched over to spoons, no luck. Went out this morning and trolled Duval for three hours at low tide tide change, landed one and lost another, both on anchovies.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it when they take a long run like that! I wont make it to Hardy until the 3rd week of June this year. But with the forecast, should be some awesome fishing

Just returned from 3 days up in Hardy, fished Nahwitti bar and Cape Sutil on Friday, boated halibut and thick with bright red springs, Taylor bank on Saturday for a couple of chicken halibut and then Duval yesterday but only undersized Springs.

Just got back from Pt hardy also. Fished all day Friday at Nahwitti bar for halibut. Got skunked. Slept in on saturday fished everywhere for halibut and finally found a few at Pine island area. Only targeted halibut and was very slow for us.

Just got back from Pt hardy also. Fished all day Friday at Nahwitti bar for halibut. Got skunked. Slept in on saturday fished everywhere for halibut and finally found a few at Pine island area. Only targeted halibut and was very slow for us.

When we fished in May and early June up tere for hali we always had best luck deep up to 400ft!

-KK

Hey kk. Thanks for the info. That was roughly the depth we were at when we finally found some. All on herring also.

Heading up to Hardy next weekend, it seems tough to get info.Any activity from anyone to report?

We will be up there of and on during July and would be happy to give updates. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Fishing in and around Hardy bay has been steadily picking up for springs over the past few weeks. Went out twice last time out of camp, 1 for 2 on the first day, 2 for 3 the second. Fish between 10-15lbs. All fish caught inside of Duval. I don't have a big enough boat to make the run out to Cape Sutil but I've heard the fishing has been killer for the past few weeks up there. Seen a pick of my buddies haul from up north today, 5 springs and 4 halis. Hope this helps.
-chovy1

Great info Chovy 1- the crew is looking forward to the weekend.We have a elderly gentleman flying in from Newfoundland to fish with us so I want to get him on some of those fine Hardy fish

I'm sure you'll see me out there if you fish Duval this weekend. I'll be in the 14ft lifetimer with the Mariner on the back. Hopefully its a bent-rod, reel screaming kinda weekend!!

Ya for sure,If I See you I'll give a shout out. I'll be there.21 Ft Striper , Knucklebuster and hopefully we will have screaming reels too

Fished Duval this morning for 4 hours. Went two for three all on anchovies, 8 and 12lbs. Still waiting for the big hogs to show up.image.jpg

Any new reports from the Hardy area? Heading that way soon and look forward to some decent fishing .....:cool:

Ya I'm heading on July 24. Happy hooker is heading there in the next week or 2 so hope to get a report from him.

Back