2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Where is "Winchester"?

I believe he means Winchelsea and Yeo. I fished Winchelsea from 11am to 7pm Sunday. Got one 8 pound Spring and a Ling keeper. It was quite slow. Had a few shakers also. Cycled through tons of gear and tried shallow, deep, close to shore, furthur out. Slightly frystrating day for us but I think the bite was early. At least it was a beauty day. Good luck out there guys!

Winchester has been producing at low slack. Some fish starting to show around Yen.

Damn the spell checker keeps doing that. Of course I meant Winchelsea & Yeo. I had a DH in the gap on Sunday and it's been producing well every day around low slack thru this morning. High teens +.

Out off F.C. today....from 1:30 pm until about 7p.m. with wifey.....caught quite a few undersized which were released....

1 12lbn Chin
1 11lb. Chin
1 8lb Chin
1 4lb Coho

4 inch Kermit spoon was good as was the "Bob Marley" spoon in 4 inch.....5ft behind Green/Glow/Silver flashers...

tackle down 70ft to 180ft in waters 130ft deep to 200ft.

Overheard a guy at dock that said he was killing them on 5 inch herring too...also he said Gerald/Ballenas was good........was pretty windy for quite awhile...calmed down later on...

001.jpg

Fished yesterday morn and this morn at my usual Nanoose haunts. Picked up a 23, 18 and a 13 all on splatterback at 140-160.

Pics or it didn't happen :) The smoker is smoking.

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 329
MRWood, how do you attach the jpg pictures to your post?

I find it a painful process using photobucket. I would post more pics if it was easier.

Hi Codfather
I just use the attachment feature on the advance posting tab (go advanced, rather that post quick reply). Then you scroll down to the manage attachments, once in there you click on the browse button, then search for your pics in your "my pictures" file of your computer, choose your pic and then hit the open tab. It will then take you back to the browse tab with your file inserted, then hit upload. You have to wait until the file appears in the current attachment it is then good to preview the post to make sure it's there. Then you can hit submit reply. It sounds quite complicated but once you know the tricks it easy.

Here is the sunrise pic at Nuttal Bay before heading out for the morning. My boat is on the right. It's a good life if you don't weaken

Attachments

• 138.JPG
    138.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 752
Put the boat in at French Creek this morning, then decided ti try Balenas, over to Mistaken and Gerald, slow for us but finally picked up one spring around Mistaken, not big but it just about to go on the Barb, 90 feet on a cop car spoon

Hi Codfather
I just use the attachment feature on the advance posting tab (go advanced, rather that post quick reply). Then you scroll down to the manage attachments, once in there you click on the browse button, then search for your pics in your "my pictures" file of your computer, choose your pic and then hit the open tab. It will then take you back to the browse tab with your file inserted, then hit upload. You have to wait until the file appears in the current attachment it is then good to preview the post to make sure it's there. Then you can hit submit reply. It sounds quite complicated but once you know the tricks it easy.

Here is the sunrise pic at Nuttal Bay before heading out for the morning. My boat is on the right. It's a good life if you don't weaken

Fantastic photo.

got the kids into lots of coho sat sun morning was sloooowwww one coho sounds like i need to be deeper for the springs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
was trying for springs but there was so much on the sounder up shallow first thing in the am that got a couple coho at 40' then as it got closer to lunch was down to 180 the cuttlefish army truck was the best lure 38" leader also had green daisy chain out on one side

I don't get it.....you went from 40ft down to 180ft (lure) looking for Chinook.

But you are asking if you should go deeper for Chinook?

I assume you were out front of French Creek?

I wouldn't have bothered going deeper....I would have changed the lure.

I dragged an Army Truck hooch around the last time out....NADA on that...but then again I didn't fish the A.Truck behind a Purple Haze flasher that time......a lot of times that combo works.......I don't bother with the cuttlefish version if at all until late August......

You should have been at least hitting Chinooks in the 70 to 160ft tackle depth IMO....

just my 2 cents...others may have a different opinion.......

Pics or it didn't happen :) The smoker is smoking.

Hey mrwood how's it going? I just got back from camp. Heading out this afternoon. Where have you been fishing? Those 2 are nice in the pics. Also I should get your cell number.

Bigdogg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back