2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

I have never fished this area so I'm looking for a little info if I may.I'm coming from Courtenay to take a guy out that I do business with

Is French Creek the best ramp? or is there another?

Looking at mid June and there are some big tides, typically what seems to be the most productive, ebb or flood

Is it best to try right out front first and run across or vice versa or does it matter

Appreciate any input

French creek has a pretty nice boat launch. It's a little steep but it's nice and deep. Even when the tides all the way out I had no problem load my 24ft boat. I fished the south end of lasquiti Sunday and had some luck. We fished in close early mornin but like you said there was way to much crap in the water. Checking lines every 10 mins. There was bait balls at lasquiti. We want through one and had a double header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fishing right out front of F/C was excellent last week, low slack being very productive. But if you get the right wind condition a trip to the south end of Lasquiti is worth the time and trouble as there is so mutch more structure and this to me makes it more interesting fishing as you have to pay close attention.

How excellent was it , Scouse?

I'm finding that about halfway between low and high tide is when I get most hits.

Went out this evening from 5:30-8:30. It was a pretty good night. Had lost of action. We limited out in 3 hrs. All the fish were from 10-20lbs. I must say we had a blast.
ygy6a7yz.jpg
a7ahu2a4.jpg
3a2y8e3a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First day out on ECVI today. Limited out at Gerald this morning in 1 1/2 hours on the end of the ebb. Lots of small bait in area. 4 cookie cutters around 13 lbs. Beautiful dark purple backs. 2 on 602 6" plugs at 120' and 2 on 3" Irish Cream at 90'. Followed a pod of Orcas right up to Mistaken and watched them feed for an hour. They put on a great show breaching and rolling, lots of tail slaps.

IBeen a great trip! Hammered them pretty good for the three days we went out , good to see!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 678
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 676
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 678
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited by a moderator:
Fished Winchelsea and Sangster yesterday and grabbed a couple image.jpg
Irish cream and Splatterback worked for us, 135 ft

Last edited by a moderator:
Sangster was really good to us the last two days. Fished the north end off of Sangster, hammered them with 4" Kermit coyote spoon. 10ft off bottom , biggest we got was 31lbs best fight I have had for years, most of the springs we landed was white springs.

French Creek is worth a try as well. 2 on Friday night and limits Saturday and Sunday. Bigger fish on Sunday to 15#. 150' of water, 120'-140'.

Trying out our new used boat, doing some modifications and then going out to try them out, went over to Sangster Wednesday night and then trolled from Sangster over to Young Point. picked up 1 spring about 12 pounds and released 1 undersize, last night went out in front of French Creek, 3 coho, no springs, using a glow white with black stripe down the side,150 to 220 feet. Still more work to do

interesting I just posted this report, my computer is showing the time as 4.01 pm, the website time is showing that I posted it at 10.56 pm today that makes it 6 hours from now, how does this work.

That's a wrap on my ECVI season. Yanked the boat and will be fishing Hardy/Bamfield for the rest of summer. I found some good numbers and size at Sangster this week but it seemed to slow down as the week went on. Full moon and pressure change was likely to blame. Hootchies outfished spoons big time 140-170 feet.

Fished the area for the first time on Sat. am.it was lumpy out there.What a great area to fish,I would love to have been able to scoot over to Sangster after reading so many reports on here but weather didn't cooperate,maybe next time
We did manage to get a couple of keepers and released a couple of wild ho's
Anchovies at 100 feet was our ticket right out front

The first half of June in front of French creek in 160-200 ft of water fish taken between 80 - 155 ft deep on 4.0 coyotes, in green/white , watermelon, irish cream and live image, uv white , copcar and blue meanie hootchies also caught a few. green/silver, blue-green mist ,uv broken glass , and purple haze flashers. heading out in the morning will post results.

Back