Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

yes....Rocky Point is a ways up from Neck Point.

There's a residential road that will get you to it pretty well.....

But it's not exactly a piece of cake casting off there.....vertically rocky in spots and you have to watch your step.

I know you are getting up there in years, LureWasher........so be very very careful negotiating that area.........Cheers.....:cool:

Yes Grace Under Fire, I`m screwed up. I`m talking Neck Point.
And Seafever, I`m definately not as nimble as I used to be. Maybe I`ll stick to Neck Point. Is it better for us geezers?
Lure-washer

Wish I had a better report, but thought i would throw this up for people wondering how it went today...

quick shift from 1130-230 off the fingers and up towards Neck - threw everything at them and tried in close at 40ft to deeper waters fishing 130ft but couldnt get anything to keep. 3 shakers for the effort.

few bait balls and a few nice schools of something on the sounder. Beauty day, didnt see any nets out in my time amongst the 10 boats in close to the fingers. Lots of jerk fishers too out there

driving thru hammond bay today around noon and noticed about 10 boats out off the waterfront - what a stellar day.

havent seen any reports in a while, presumed they were fishing for coho or chum? or whats the story out off nanaimo these days?

driving thru hammond bay today around noon and noticed about 10 boats out off the waterfront - what a stellar day.

havent seen any reports in a while, presumed they were fishing for coho or chum? or whats the story out off nanaimo these days?

All I know is KV1 won't be out there lol!!!

Awesome you saw boats out there. That gets one stoked!

I'll be heading out next weekend. Just getting stuff organized while I can between work things.

The story is someones cousins brother in laws wife said that there are some tiger striped dogs floating around out there. Either that or they are crabbing or just bobbing around. Could also be some Honcouver boats jigging for lings out here pretending they don't know any better or that 18 lifetimer from Nanaimo doing the same with some local engrish people. Sorry I am not as optimistic as Sculpin but I guess he likes going for a boat ride.

Sorry I am not as optimistic as Sculpin but I guess he likes going for a boat ride.

If you weren't so freaken negative about actually having an oppertunity to be catching fish, or so afraid of actually going out on the water and having an enjoyable day with friends and family..... Maybe then you'd start to enjoy the sport of fishing.

If you weren't so freaken negative about actually having an oppertunity to be catching fish, or so afraid of actually going out on the water and having an enjoyable day with friends and family..... Maybe then you'd start to enjoy the sport of fishing.

That's the point there is NO opportunity to catch fish legally right now in Nanaimo. Please prove me wrong with pics or anything else. Unless you want to bob around all day searching for that one Halibut that might have drifted in there just not my thing I guess.

these guys (most of them as far as i could tell) were trolling in all the usual spots so it makes me think something is up but havent seen reports.

KV, there is still coho shooting thru here and up the nanaimo river in particular so dont think there is NO opportunity as stated?

Went out the last 2 Saturday's with the kids and a buddy, managed 9 crab and 80 prawns the first time out, lots of boats fishing but didn't see any nets come out and last weekend we went out and managed 254 tails and 2 crab, I would call that decent fishing for this time of year. Windy both times out but better than sitting at home or working!

Went out the last 2 Saturday's with the kids and a buddy, managed 9 crab and 80 prawns the first time out, lots of boats fishing but didn't see any nets come out and last weekend we went out and managed 254 tails and 2 crab, I would call that decent fishing for this time of year. Windy both times out but better than sitting at home or working!

Right on buddy thanks for the report :cool:. I agree completely about the work thing:(. I might add it's better than sitting on your azz posting negative comments on an internet fishing forum :p:rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadzone. Not even worth it. Fish are officially history.

Hey KVI
I haven't seen any Nanaimo fish pics since your post a month ago.
Seems fishing is slow, or negative fishermen would say dead.
Thanks for the REALISTIC report
better fishing to come in the Spring!

Back