Powell River 2014

Just remember "moderation" is the key. LOL And a private radio channel would a good idea too. Although it is entertaining listening in. Unfortunately I will be working so no fun for me.
I can hear him now. "tuckytug tuckytug"

If you can get to Toba this weekend I suggest you try. Just got back from a weekend up there with the boys and the springs are every where. Hurtlocker and wopper can back me up on this. Our boat and a few others got our limits easy and were splashing back some nice springs. Prawning sucked no ling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewis channel.....

If you can get to Toba this weekend I suggest you try. Just got back from a weekend up there with the boys and the springs are every where. Hurtlocker and wopper can back me up on this. Our boat and a few others got our limits easy and were splashing back some nice springs. Prawning sucked no ling.

I tried to hint at this a few days ago.... Been hearing some unreal reports from that area.

It was amazing, not huge in size but lots around. The Friday morning we had 4 in the boat and released 8 by 7am. 361 more days till Toba Derby 2015.

Any suggestions on where to try in Toba, gear, depth?, I have never fished there but sounds like it may be worth a try. Thanks.

Any suggestions on where to try in Toba, gear, depth?, I have never fished there but sounds like it may be worth a try. Thanks.

We fished the mouth of Waddington (Dean Point) then trolled towards Hepburn Point (East Redonda Island) Did really well working the point and just trolling back and forth. We also hooked up in front of Toba Wilderness Lodge this was very hot and around Double Island. You can also fish Brettell Point watch your depths here it's a cannon ball killer. Johnson bay is awesome as well
As for Depths we were getting them between 120 and 180. As for gear we tried everything even some bait but at the end of the weekend anything Green was the ticket hoochies and spoons we even got a few on a naked apex.

No RCA in Toba. Chinook closure from the Brem River up to the head from Jan 1 to Sept 30th. Can't wait to get up there again soon. Think I will have to get the long weekend off and take the wife fishing.

No RCA in Toba. Chinook closure from the Brem River up to the head from Jan 1 to Sept 30th. Can't wait to get up there again soon. Think I will have to get the long weekend off and take the wife fishing.

Your right it's from the Brem up those boundary markers by Johnson screwed me up.

Lots of old boundries in the field. I mostly just watch my chartplotter for the RCA's. Too many to remember, it is nice to be able to see the boundries real time.

I have noticed many guys from the Powell River area have not joined the 2014 SFBC Derby. Maybe this is do to the travel to Nanaimo in September. If interested contact me.... Maybe we could pick a few of you guys up after the first ferry and carpool from the Comox Valley.

Come over on the 8:10 and we'll send you home on the 6:30.

Made a quick trip to Toba and we managed our limit today in short time. Thanks for the tips Leftcoast, followed your advice and had a great first trip of the year.

Yup grants & coho are nuts

Went to Grants last night after work, got there around 5 and could have gone home at 5:03. Buddy and I took home 3 biggest was 21, released to many to remember. The best part was you could hear everyone around laughing and hooting and howling because everyone had fish on. We used a green and glow hoochie and a blue and silver hologram coyote. 90 to 120 ft. Last night I think you could have had anything on and you would have done well. I was talking to a guy at the slip and he was at Coho and did well too until the Orcas showed up. I'm going back out to Grants tonight, even if it was half as good as last night it should be fun.

Grants was great this morning. Kept 4 and lost as many and threw back a few more to grow. Army truck glow and about 75 feet. A number of boats around were doing well also.

Fished Grants yesterday evening, lots of boats. I guess everyone heard about the day before. Amazing night out, fishing slowed down a bit. Just got in from Coho Pt tonight, nice 18 lber in the tub. A few other boats had fish in the tub also. It was really good first thing this morning. A buddy tubbed out and bonked a 28 lber by 630 am. All in all it's been a really great May so far, and its only going to get better.

Fished Grants Thursday night. Not a sniff. Didnt see a fish being caught. Quite a few boats out. Fished until 8:30 then ran back to Comox.Beautiful night on the water though

Fished Grants Thursday night. Not a sniff. Didnt see a fish being caught. Quite a few boats out. Fished until 8:30 then ran back to Comox.Beautiful night on the water though

Weird my buddy fished Grants last night and I saw pictures he got his limit of 6 biggest 16lbs, but he could have been late afternoon.
How long of a run is it for you from Comox?

Back