Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

fortyfour

Hears to a new year of fishing ahead of us! hopefully as good or better than the last few years. IMG_2447.jpg
First fish of 2014 a 31" beauty! Caught of Galiano Jan 7th. Trolling right on the bottom in 120ft a couple hrs into the ebb tide.

Cheers,

Anyone else out there fishing anywhere in the gulf islands or crofton area? I mean catching...I'm so sick of double headers 3 today all ready

Great to hear .A buddy is going out with me tomorrow to show me around the area and do some fishing . hopefully we will do some catching as well .

Anyone else out there fishing anywhere in the gulf islands or crofton area? I mean catching...I'm so sick of double headers 3 today all ready
must be using them CJ's again eh?

If I recall did you (Fortyfour) not catch a 16# on Jan 16 as I recall telling myself hopefully you get a 20# on the 20th. Could be wrong though. Parts in for boat so maybe out next weekend

Cheers
Tony

I'll be out fishing around Galiano tomorrow and will report back. Will most likely be fishing the south end near active pass depending on weather conditions. Anyone tried pender bluffs lately? What about porlier pass? These winter springs are on the move so I'm sure it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time but as 44 mentioned it can be pretty hot when you find em

i was out today around galiano and had one shaker up to the side of the boat then got off , after that not a fish all day but lots of bights through out the day :) , heading out again maybe on sunday

Trolled porlier 10-2 yesterday. Boated one 8 lber lost another identicle fish at the boat. Right on the bottom 120'. Green and white spoons

Well I wish I had better news to report back with but I said I would report nonetheless. We put in a good shift Saturday off the east side of Galiano and have no chrome to show for it. We tried everything in our arsenal and couldn't seem to find a salmon. Several undersized lings in the area which was nice to see and a few rockfish that we fired back as well but the bite was not on for us that day. I'll blame the full moon ;) Was a nice calm winter day out here so I'm not going to complain all that much. Hopefully my next gulf islands report includes a salmon.

Well I wish I had better news to report back with but I said I would report nonetheless. We put in a good shift Saturday off the east side of Galiano and have no chrome to show for it. We tried everything in our arsenal and couldn't seem to find a salmon. Several undersized lings in the area which was nice to see and a few rockfish that we fired back as well but the bite was not on for us that day. I'll blame the full moon ;) Was a nice calm winter day out here so I'm not going to complain all that much. Hopefully my next gulf islands report includes a salmon.

Too bad about your luck last weekend! It was really quite hot in that area for about 8 days before the full moon and has been spotty ever since. Have heard nothing but good reports from victoria and closer so hopefully another wave of winter fish move in soon. Curious to know if anything has been happening over coal port area in the last week?… Im going to head out for the afternoon for a little look...

cheers,

Was out for the afternoon tide for only 2hrs had a hawg on for about 2 minutes. Peeled off 3/4 of my line before the boat turned in the waves creating slack and the fish was off. The other bite was a barely legal. Bites at 100-150'

Back