Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

2 at Beechey at 6:30 this AM before the ebb got ripping, then followed the ebb down to the trap where we got 1 more at 9:30--that was it for us. Fish came on bait and strip between 85-130 ft--little guys between 6-12 lbs.
Beauty morning.
T2

Out between Aldridge and the shack from 10-1:30, a couple quick hits but nothing to the boat. A good number of boats out, but only saw 1 net pulled, and nothing at the marina being cleaned when we came back in.

Lost a 20+ clipped Spring at 0900 off the Trap. Damn line got into the mechanism on my MR2. Desperately tried to bring it in by hand with no luck. Ended up braking the line. First time out this year, just re lined reels and put on too much line. To never be repeated. A couple of wilds in the 10 lb range released as well all off the Trap. All on Chovy at 70 ft.....

Lost a 20+ clipped Spring at 0900 off the Trap. Damn line got into the mechanism on my MR2. Desperately tried to bring it in by hand with no luck. Ended up braking the line. First time out this year, just re lined reels and put on too much line. To never be repeated. A couple of wilds in the 10 lb range released as well all off the Trap. All on Chovy at 70 ft.....

what no deck hand or net boy...well at least you only have yourself to blame...:)

Went out for the first time in a while, started at 6:00 and ended at 11:00, straight out of the harbor. Tried bait, plastic and spoons. The only lure to work was the coho killer. We ended up with a 6 a 10 and released a wild 71 cm fish and lost one. All fish between 7:00 and 9:00. It was the first time that we used the coho killer, great lure this time of year except that after each fish it comes back mangled and you must reshape it to get it back to the proper action. All fish were deep 120 ft. Great day out there.

Fished out by beche/aldridge from 6:30-1:00, not a sniff.
Tried hootchie, anchovy, coho killer, and a 5" cop car spoon. Depths were 70-90.

Any ideas? Seems like guys were running deeper.

Turned out to be a nice day on the water though and all the stuff worked for the 1st time out of winter storage so it wasn't all bad :)

Fished out by beche/aldridge from 6:30-1:00, not a sniff.
Tried hootchie, anchovy, coho killer, and a 5" cop car spoon. Depths were 70-90.

Any ideas? Seems like guys were running deeper.

Turned out to be a nice day on the water though and all the stuff worked for the 1st time out of winter storage so it wasn't all bad :)

Hit a half dozen teenagers and lost a few others over the past couple days everything 100 and 123 on the riggers.
All spoons and dummy flashers.

-KK

uploadfromtaptalk1400459748084.jpg Out with a buddy and our 3 sons today, this was the only fish into the boat and released, but what a great fish for an 8 year old to real in. Unfortunately, he didn't get in the only pic to turn out. Whirl Bay, 90 feet, anchovy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hit 4 at Sheringham this morning landed 3, all mid to low teens. 2 clipped 1 wild. 40-50 feet nice day. Then threw a bearing on the main on the way home...slow trip back from Otter on the kicker.

out yesterday nailed a 18 at sheringham early then nuthin for hours 2 clipped 10 and 12 at secretary Great to be back on the water

Otter point yesterday 7-12. 1 hatchery, 2 legal wild. Green/white coho killer and g-force spoon. 90-115 ft on the rigger. Summer conditions, porpoises and salmon for the family.

May 18, launched at esquimalt ran to pedder, hit one wild oversize released that one :( then ran to beechy head fished there got one hatchery about 33 inch nice fish, all depths hit were around 110-130. One side of the boat kept in that range the other (my side :( was going for bottom and pulling up 5 feet), flashers used green onion, lures that worked army truck coho killer. I think my fishing partner owes me a new rod one and a new flasher and lure hahahaha.... (He kind of broke the tippet on the hatchery and gear went with it). End of day made the jaunt back to esquimalt, tried fishing the water front for a couple hours didn't get a thing except some sea weed. All in all not too much action for us but we were just glad we didn't get blown off the water.

Yeh, just have to find a couple of bodies to lift it into the back of my truck. Pulled the head and no cylinder or head damage. Just some damage to the top of the piston and about 3/4 of an inch of piston drop. I spent the morning disconnecting all the harnesses and hydraulic steering so SG just has to zip of the transom bolts to remove then lift on the spare. Should be outa there in 2 hours.

Deewar and me had a good day on the water yesterday. Between Whirl Bay and Aldridge we boated 4 springs; 3 small between 6 and 7ish and one beauty hatch of 17#. Man the bigger one was a ripper! You tend to forget over the winter how strong those bigger salmon are! Deewar also proved himself as the Codking as he wrestled a lot of brown fish from the depth. I stuck with silver...lol! Superb weather, loads of fun!

One sour note, I lost my vinyl side window probably on the highway between Langford and Helmcken or on Helmcken/Wilkinson/Royal Oak to Mt. Doug. If someone happens to find one - black frame and 4x3 foot vinyl window. Someone knows a good canvas/vinyl business in Victoria/Saanich?

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice work guys! Bigger then I thought!

My Grandfather Let a 30 wild go and boated a double of 15pound hatches byhimself lastnight. Great start to the year!

Today was slow this AM hit it for a 3 hour stint with only one 6 pounder released to show.

-KK

Deewar and me had a good day on the water yesterday. Between Whirl Bay and Aldridge we boated 4 springs; 3 small between 6 and 7ish and one beauty hatch of 17#. Man the bigger one was a ripper! You tend to forget over the winter how strong those bigger salmon are! Deewar also proved himself as the Codking as he wrestled a lot of brown fish from the depth. I stuck with silver...lol! Superb weather, loads of fun!

One sour note, I lost my vinyl side window probably on the highway between Langford and Helmcken or on Helmcken/Wilkinson/Royal Oak to Mt. Doug. If someone happens to find one - black frame and 4x3 foot vinyl window. Someone knows a good canvas/vinyl business in Victoria/Saanich?

View attachment 11825

View attachment 11826

Back