2014 Tuna Adventures

The water is all buggered up. It will come back. Patience my friend......patience :).

I'm sure once the stars align there will be lots of chatter again.

There has been fishable water within reach of tofino and ukee but just no weather. Maybe someone is out today for the weather is ok but not ideal.

A buddy of mine who tuna fishes with me often says " we should have fished tuna" when he sees that the weather is nice and my reply to him is no, I dont care if it turned out to be **** on a plate out there. If the forecast was not good enough to try then we should not have fished tuna today or yesterday. It just how that works. I think what he means to say is wow the weather was nice! lol

The most recent chloros are looking pretty good out of Tofino just need weather.

Stars are slowly moving in a direction indicating alignment. Its going to happen off Tofino this week I think.

There has been fishable water within reach of tofino and ukee but just no weather. Maybe someone is out today for the weather is ok but not ideal.

A buddy of mine who tuna fishes with me often says " we should have fished tuna" when he sees that the weather is nice and my reply to him is no, I dont care if it turned out to be **** on a plate out there. If the forecast was not good enough to try then we should not have fished tuna today or yesterday. It just how that works. I think what he means to say is wow the weather was nice! lol

The most recent chloros are looking pretty good out of Tofino just need weather.

You are one of the ones for weather that I go to man. I called you last weekend and I pulled the pin on the trip after talking to you. The guy's that went got beat up and burned a lot of fuel. Weather is our worst enemy in this fishery for sure. I'm glad we didn't go and my main deck hand for tuna even said I was crazy for thinking about it. If you don't have a good 2 day window, it's probably not good enough to go IMO.

There is a massive ball of warm water out there. The chloro's still don't look great. It will come back with this weather change in the next couple of day's. Going to play hooky during the week if that is what it takes. I know you are always game and a couple of buddies of mine are lucky enough to be able to jump work and go. Just have to have all the stars line up.

Cheers,
John

A buddy of mine ran out there the same day and had to turn back 5 miles from the spot. He said the weather was just fine all the way there until the last little bit. Thats what the forecast was calling for from buoyweather so I chose to not go. My buoy weather membership paid for itself right there 3 fold. It doesn't always work that way. If you want it bad and the weather on the inside 30 or so miles is good than you can poke out there to try but if it doesn't work out like that day its a pricy poke.

ya. we tried last saturday.. no go, slivo was out on the weekend, i think he caught!!

two boats fished on sat Why Knot and Tuna.Don. we spread a part a bit one boat at 45 mile and another at 66 mile. was a nice day on the water, didn't see much sea life couldn't find gin blue water but we found gin green. temp was 59 at 45 and 63 at 66 . saw a tuna launch out of the water for the clone and miss, the 10 secs later hit on the other side of the boat. was a bit rough comin home.

Why Knot ended up with 7 and Tuna.Don 15

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 480
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 480
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 479
I'll be making a run out of Neah Bay tomorrow. Boat is iced down. Hooks are sharpened. If anyone else is out, give me a call on 68 - my boat is the "meant to be".

Awesome. Wow that on tuna in the photo with the fella holding it up is HUGE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back