O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Hey Greg Merry Christmas, at least they didn't get away with the motor. I've been thinking about getting out also, maybe if u want u can jump in with me sometime in Jan. I've been In school for the last 6 months but I'm finished on the 10th of Jan.

was out today
great day on the water
from 11ish till 3.00pm
had 3 hits with one in the box of 14lb
released a small guy
and the other did not stick

hootchie and flasher down close to the bottom
howe sound gibson's side

well a few boats out the last couple of days
odd small'uns being caught
was out just after the tide change
as the cold had the kicker playing up so had to do a bit of mech's on it
before i got going
frist pass and the rod starts knocking and the tip comes up
me thinks here we go
ended up being a undersize so he swam away
me end up in a bit of a tizz as drifted in shollow and lost my rigging on the other rod
not a happy bunny losing a flasher and hootchie (that put the 14lber in the boat on x-mas day)
fished hard for the next few hours but nothing
looks like the rest of the howe sound boys are sitting in waiting for warmer weather....lol

Been doing some crabbing but first time dropping the lines since mid October. Out 9:15-noon today and got the R&R I was looking for plus nice decent catch - out solo, man was it nice to get back out there and escape ( Chinook was a red hatchery just a shade under 10 lbs)

IMG_0217res.jpg

Boats fixed and picked up today after hitting a serious log two weeks ago on way back from Bowen. I will be out this week as much as possible, though likely staying in the harbour tomorrow if the forecast wind materializes. Happy to hear about some local action lately...

Got out yesterday morning for a couple hours. checked out the coal port in tsawwassen. fished 120-150 ft depth just off bottom with madi and lemon lime flashers with no bannanas gforce spoon and cop car coho killer. we boated an 8lb and a 14 lb'er. fog was lifted off the water so we could see and the water was smooth as glass. beautiful morning fishing.

got out yesterday morning for a couple hours. Checked out the coal port in tsawwassen. Fished 120-150 ft depth just off bottom with madi and lemon lime flashers with no bannanas gforce spoon and cop car coho killer. We boated an 8lb and a 14 lb'er. Fog was lifted off the water so we could see and the water was smooth as glass. Beautiful morning fishing.

opps ..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said OOPS ! ........

Too much sun Pip ! Not enough time Fishin ....... Sad when it's too hot to fish ...... Well almost.

Good luck out there.

Back