O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Thanks for the advice so far! its good to have some new stuff to try this weekend! Oh and T&T is worryingly cheap for chicken... just over a buck for a full bait bag.. maybe thats why the crabs are staying clear.

More traps is always good to. We put out six at a time (3 people)so it doesnt take long to limit out. Set them at different depths till you find the happy place.
Super store has cheap chicken also ($2 a pac necks and backs)

I've been crabbing on the west van shore line with a few keepers hear and there but not many. Any suggestions as to where to drop them?

lol sorry its a big area and its not were "I" go so ???:D The crab we got were in around Barnet/Belcarra area . Ok i gave up my secret spot so dont tell any one :)

The above mentioned area had allot more floats last Saturday and our catches reflected that.

Belcarra?

I am not going to say what has a definite effect.....but posting up crabbing/prawning spots on a forum where anyone with a computer can see is something I would do with caution. ;)

I know English Bay is no secret (nor is Belcarra)....but there are areas within those "general areas noted above" that certainly do seem to produce better than others. ;)

Belcarra?

posting up crabbing/prawning spots on a forum where anyone with a computer can see is something I would do with caution. ;)

Yes and just a reminder to members here that there may be only 60-90 of us showing on here at any one time on average but there are often 3 times as many guests reading as well ....which of those, many are non-members just taking info only.

I am not going to say what has a definite effect.....but posting up crabbing/prawning spots on a forum where anyone with a computer can see is something I would do with caution. ;)

I know English Bay is no secret (nor is Belcarra)....but there are areas within those "general areas noted above" that certainly do seem to produce better than others. ;)

Agreed, and I believe floats and boat traffic is definitely increasing in the local spots

Try motor mooching with cut plug and 8oz weight, concentrate between Cap and ambleside. Slow troll bring the line to 45deg. angle, then put in neutral and allow the lines to drop almost straight up and down, and repeat. Rising tide and high slack. Start at 20 pulls, when the line is straight up and down you should hit bottom when tight to the marker.

Most of the fish are caught in 90-120 feet of water.

8 oz, cut plug on a 8 foot leader, 45-55 pulls. stay within 10 feet of the bottom.

You can mooch winters out of there if you can crawl at 1-1.5 mph. ...the fish move...and that's the way it used to be done.

Oh ok didnt think i was letting the cat out of the bag lol. Oh and Sunday we saw one other boat where we were and they had there trap stollen .... at least i think thats what they were trying to tell me :confused:

prons --225-300.. crabs are 30' to 120'.. just gotta find em.

Thanks Tincan - I have sent in a request that I have permission to shoot this presentation using digital video and have audio mic on the presenter so hopefully they will allow.

Thanks Tincan - I have sent in a request that I have permission to shoot this presentation using digital video and have audio mic on the presenter so hopefully they will allow.

Does anyone really believe the dfo will pay attention to a scientist?
hell , they dont even listen to the results and suggestion of the multi million dollar Cohen Commission.
DFO and Harper and Norweigen dollars are only thing they listen to

Back