Zack Attack

searun

How about that Zack Kassian - this kid is starting to play big like Bertuzzi when he was in his prime. Like his net presence and physical play so far this season.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?22207-Derby-s-Canuck-emporium
emo-coffee.gif

And yes...

That's for sure, but he has a definite presence around net. Sorry Lippy, started this one just to take the Zack attack off line and not side track the other thread.

The other thread is for all things canucks :D I too like that Kassian kid.

Kassian is good.....and coming into his own...."somewhat". He is now playing on the top line with arguably among the top 5 playmaker duo's in the league.....who have proved time and time again they can make anyone look good.

See...
  1. Trent Klatt
  2. Anson Carter
  3. Jason King
  4. Alex Burrows
  5. Samuelson
  6. Druken
  7. A brief stint with Mats Lindgren......if that is who I am remembering correctly. I remember he was a Euro who played awesome with them and then blew his knee out or something like that after 5 games on their line.
  8. But the list goes on and on and on and on.

Not trying to hack on the kid at all as "yes"......he is gonna look better on a line that is MEANT to produce points. Case in point.....Cody.....getting first line time in Buffalo, he is going to have a better point output and definitely look better as he is playing on the top or second line as opposed to centering a 3rd/checking type line.

Yes, anyone can look good when being fed goals for sure. Difference in the Hodgson v Kassian match up is age and time in the big show. Hodgson has a year on him, plus I think a pretty good development program as the Nucks worked hard to skill him up before letting him hit the big league. Unfortunately Hodgson couldn't fit into the system and wanted out. All that aside, I'm liking Kassian's grit so far this season, which is making him look a little Bert like if he can keep up the pace. Hopefully all the off season work to bulk up and improve his skating is going to pay. Nucks have a pretty good player development program. Sure hope he's the real deal.

Go home Pips....You're dunk.. :D

That must have been the years you thought the Salmon Kings games you attended actually were NHL games.

Odd that in his waning years he played one entire season largely with the twins and produced his second highest point total in his career? He was no Druken when it comes to talent but Danny and Hank helped em both out....,as they did Alex.

Hell.....you could have put Murray Baron between them and he'd get a solid 45 points.

Back