fs Alaskan salmon plugs & lucky louie's $100.00

rln

I have 3 chrome Luhr Jensen Alaskan salmon plugs
One in plastic box 2 others without. All plugs have been fished.
Also have 2 lucky louie's
1 with pink stripe
1 with blue stripe

plugsandreeljm001.jpg

Gone

Last edited:
Where did you fish those Alaskans?......it looks like all the hooks got barbs on "em.....

I fished with alaskan today. had barbs too at first. just because some has lures with barbs dosnt mean he fishes it.

also like to get some new trebles for it. has a welded ring to a split ring. so you must be able to buy trebles with welded ring?

Yeah.....but in his post he said "all plugs have been fished".

I doubt you 'll find any trebles around locally with a welded ring on them.

Just replace it with a split ring when the hooks are replaced.

There was a thread here some time ago on how to weld your own welded rings.

You can buy unwelded split rings on the net......and when you get them you weld them yourself.

If you are good at it you can make a better weld than factory easily.

Ever taken a good look at some of the factory welds on spoon-rings? Atrocious...........almost burnt through and weak.

I believe RIN would have fished those back when you did have to pinch the barb.....

plugs where last used by an oldtimer long before the barbless rule came into effect. Selling them for his wife since he passed away a couple of months ago. thought with all the salmon fishers here some one would be interested in them.

I'd think a tackle collector will definitely be interested...... post this where it will get more views.
Someone should snap up those Lucky Louies and go hit the Tyee Pool.

Are these older lures in demand? I have a box of new Silver Alaskans from 1968. Would it be worth while trying ebay? Puzzling thing about these is the box is marked Vancouver BC. I thought Luhr Jensen was from Oregon. I shouldn't say I have these, but I have located them and can get them if it's worth the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luhr Jensen at one time operated a smaller factory up in Vancouver ..I believe late 80"s early 90's..... :)

I have 3 chrome Luhr Jensen Alaskan salmon plugs
One in plastic box 2 others without. All plugs have been fished.
Also have 2 lucky louie's
1 with pink stripe
1 with blue stripe

plugsandreeljm001.jpg

I am in Delta, call 604-607-5842 in interested, thanks for looking
I will buy them all, got any idea what the postage to Nanaimo would be?

Back