Catch of the Day

Was using micro leaches; maroon and olive with a gold bead head. Sinking line, 9' tapered leader. In the deep water out in front of the fishing dock. Guys on the dock were getting them as well, fishing spinning gear right on the bottom with I assume powerbait. Good luck and yah to be 9 again...hope you catch some big smiles as well as fish

only got this little one today out in the middle of the lake with a spinner.
great day to be on the lake with the boy though.

Attachments

• 1382090_10153405789960327_1022853259_n.jpg
    1382090_10153405789960327_1022853259_n.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 906
Spent a couple of hours out on Durrance lake today got about 15, all around the 12" mark. Lots of people out there today and all seemed to be doing well.

no much today at langford, 2 small trout chironomid fishing, and a decent bass which was very surprising around now, also caught on a chironomid.

kunni

So... you are trying to say that you have no catch of the day?

So... you are trying to say that you have no catch of the day?

apart from a few 12inch trout and a bass no I guess not. More of a heads up to the other guys that where considering going to langford, could have been just bee my inexperience with chironomids aswell. Durrance is probably where I will be next weekend though.

kunni

Thats a nice fish! it looks like it put up a pretty good fight as well. Was the lake crazy with rowers? Thats whats keeping me off elk, but I might have to give it a try!

Kunni

Thats a nice fish! it looks like it put up a pretty good fight as well. Was the lake crazy with rowers? Thats whats keeping me off elk, but I might have to give it a try!

Kunni

Thanks !
Not many nice ones from shore so I was pretty stoked !
Rowers seem to be sporadic, hard to say where & when they'll be.
Some days they are no where to be seen...

Fishing today was not as good as last weekend, but I still managed a few trout while casting and retrieving leeches and fishing chironomids down deep. The craziest thing happened. I hooked a fish and my fly line was cut due to the build up of ice on my guides!!! It has never happened before so it was a shock, but Rio has a great return policy.

Kunni

Got this sweet 18" from shore @ Elk Lake today !

I also had ice build up !

Attachments

• DSCF0765a.jpg
    DSCF0765a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,176
  • DSCF0767a.jpg
    DSCF0767a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,177
  • DSCF0769a.jpg
    DSCF0769a.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,177
nice, very nice those big fish are getting ready to hunker down for the winter. Fishing on the bottom is where its at!

Kunni

Holy crap thats what I am talking about!!! Thats a nice native rainbow!! Good job. I might get out on wednesday! I might just have to go to elk.

keep it up,

Kunni

Last edited by a moderator:
1546076_10151748515262294_1228816430_n.jpg

Christmas day fishing on the Vedder with my partner. 1st hatch coho of the season, what a gift! Caught on a spinner that he'd had since he was a kid in NFLD. Unfortuantely he lost it on the next cast.
Who needs turkey when you can have fresh caught coho? Kept roe for bait, tail n' head for crabbing later and ate every bit of the lovely lady with friends.

L

Last edited by a moderator:
Going out this weekend, my break ended last week and I was fishing almost everyday on the cowie or small streams in the mid island area. I also got out to the lakes, but for the most part all the fishing for me has been pretty slow. If I get anything notable I will post pictures the freshwater part of this forum has been slow.

Kunni

No luck on the lakes today :(, the waters chilly so the trout are pretty sluggish. I will have to give it another shot next weekend.

Kunni

Size 3's man.......... Size 3's ;)

Sometimes the catch of the day will not be a fish and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Back