Catch of the Day

falcon1

Thought I would start a thread for people to post their daily catch. That way we can avoid filling the rest of this section. I'll start it off.

Today my brother and I went fishing at Florence Lake. We were targeting pumpkinseed sunfish using small hooks baited with worms. Fishing there is absolutely mental at this time of year. All the trout are from hatcherys and fished out quickly but since sunfish get little angling pressure there the lake is full of them, and they are cocky. The sunfish are small, but it is a nice way to relax on a hot day. We caught 13-14 in less than an hour;)

Yesterday, I went to Elk Lake with my dad. I was skunked, however he caught a lare perch and a decent sized trout. We couldn't tell whether it was rainbow or cutthroat. I had no idea perch tasted so good!

I went to langford lake and caught a three pounder on senko worms

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishing off our dock at cowichan today. Rods are still out, but earlier I caught a small rainbow. Unfortunately it died because it swallowedc the hook too far. Bait was worms on the bottom, cast out.

I went out in my Kayak just off the beach near Lazo, jigged and caught a couple of good sized bullheads. Never saw a fish jump!

I went out in my Kayak just off the beach near Lazo, jigged and caught a couple of good sized bullheads. Never saw a fish jump!
What bait? I tried to catch bullheads at elk lake at the fishing pier, but they were fished out at that spot. If I go back (and I probably will) what should I use?

Fishing off the dock at Cowichan again. Used power eggs. No fish but the bait came back all chewed up. I suspect crayfish. Weird that they would be in water that deep though (about 70').

Hey this thread was a good idea so I'm necroposting it back from the grave !

Fished 9am-noon today @ Thetis, floating eggs/3ft leader set up from shore.
Caught one 12incher around 11am, was my only bite as well :p

...what did YOU catch ???

Spent a few hours trolling on comox today, caught nothing but a couple of very cold feet! Nice day to be out though.

Not if I can do anything about it....

Which I can't :(

Spent 5 hours trolling flies on Spider lake today and another day skunked. Ahh if this happens again and im 3 for 3 I think I might have to take up drinking....

Shouldn't be long till things start warming up and in turn the fishing will too ;)

im going out trollin for some trout so ill try and post some pics on this thread

I am still waiting
watching.gif

:D

Im hopefully going out tomorrow and this weekend aswell. Last weekend on the island for 6 weeks so I need to get some fishing in!

Back