Modifications you're proud of...

Foxsea

Many of us have made modifications to our boats. Some of those are for safety, some are for convenience, some are updates - LED lights, for example. :cool:

I have made electrical upgrades, discussed on another thread. I installed a larger sink in the galley, replacing the tiny, useless "cereal bowl" one. I'm installing another built-in tackle locker that will help keep things more organized and convenient. Next, I'm installing a compartment for the handy storage of the safety gear, making use of an empty space between the hull and liner.

Do you have useful mods that others may be able to incorporate into their boats? Pics are always valuable in the description - before, in the process and after. I'll get a few up soon. :)

Dont frown Len:rolleyes:

This is my favorite mod to my bayliner

Attachments

• n646286166_515027_5631.jpg
    n646286166_515027_5631.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,941
  • n646286166_515025_5135.jpg
    n646286166_515025_5135.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,918
Dont frown Len:rolleyes:

This is my favorite mod to my bayliner

D4 have a prob about replicating a jet ski not as easy touching water doing donuts wit a 10ft beam, but dam close ...................EH
Pacific Pill rocks

Kh

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont mind me asking cause I like shiney things!!!!!:):) what props are those???

Do you have useful mods that others may be able to incorporate into their boats?

I build this simple Mod so we can run 2 more rods off the stern (for use with sturgeon, tuna, cut-plugging set-ups)...it mounts into the ski pole with a simple pin and cotter.

Attachments

• PA073612.jpg
    PA073612.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,875
If you dont mind me asking cause I like shiney things!!!!!:):) what props are those???

Those are G5 Volvo Penta DPH drive props made of Nimbral (nickle,bronze,aluminum) they aint shiny no more, they turn black/grey within a day or two of hittin the salt

I was going to ask " sure you want to put that thing in the dirty water. " No wonder that things cruises so fast. NICE

Here's a few:
1. Tempress Seats and remote throttle for kicker
2&3 Stowable Fish Cleaning station and knife holder
4. Cabinet in Cabin
5. Viking Cannister 6 person lift raft

Attachments

• Kicker remote 1.jpg
    Kicker remote 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Cleaning Table 004.jpg
    Cleaning Table 004.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Cleaning Table 003.jpg
    Cleaning Table 003.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Cabinet 1.jpg
    Cabinet 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,224
  • Safety Mods 002.jpg
    Safety Mods 002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,221
Here's a few more:

1. Rear facing seats for watching the rods
2&3. Non-skid grating on deck
4. Fresh water washdown from 6 gallon galley tank
5. Second knife and pliers holder

Attachments

• FW Washdown 10.jpg
    FW Washdown 10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Second Knife holder.jpg
    Second Knife holder.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,172
  • photo 11 005 small.jpg
    photo 11 005 small.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,184
  • photo 11 016 small.jpg
    photo 11 016 small.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,203
  • photo 11 015 small.jpg
    photo 11 015 small.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,187
Finaddict, very nice work. I like the life raft the best. The fresh water washdown is a nice touch too.
Thanks James. Be very cautious, though. Boat mods is a sickness. I think its incurable. Once you get it it will cost you thousands in cash and hours

Here's a few more:

Nice job on the mods! How does the grating work out? An probs keeping muck from accumulating below it?

Nice job on the mods! How does the grating work out? An probs keeping muck from accumulating below it?
Thanks Fox. Grating works better than I first expected. It never moves, it gives you a real feeling of confidence when walking on it and I just fold back the forward half of it and hose it down and then fold forward the stern half and hose the muck into the scuppers.

Here's a few more:

Luv the snap 2gether non- slip grading, won't work on mine my fish holds are flush mounted & will have to lift the grading to access the catch..............not practical!!!!

Luv the snap 2gether non- slip grading, won't work on mine my fish holds are flush mounted & will have to lift the grading to access the catch..............not practical!!!!

I have flush mounted in floor fish holds as well. You can just cut a section of the grating and pull it out the small section when you need into the box. Works fine for me. I usually only use the grating when I'm fishing for those slimy Sockeye and the FG floor gets as slippery as a skating rink.
Dave

Gotta be the forward facing ff. Boat was rigged out pretty well when I got it.

Attachments

• Bait Ball Feb 2012 (Small).JPG
    Bait Ball Feb 2012 (Small).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,131
Back