Anybody pickel prawns

My hunting partners sister pickles prawns.Kind of a sweet and sour sort. Out of this world!
Dave

Stubby, Google hot and sour pickled prawns, these little babies are great

Tony

So I googled up this and tried it.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...afood/prawns/hot-and-sour-pickled-prawns.html

these turned out really good, followed the recipe mostly except for subbed the tabasco for hot chili/garlic sauce and did all the veggies with a fine slicer. just barley steamed the prawns just enough to peel then ran under cold water and peeled. mixed all the ingredients and put it in a big ziploc in the fridge. Couldn't wait the whole 48 hours cause I just opened them after 24 and they are amazing, really good, like cold prawn salad. a little bit spicy if you put as much hot sauce as I did. they won't make it back to the fridge, maybe next batch I'll let it stay the whole time.

If your looking to change up some prawns this is good.

Firelight, that is exactly the recipe that I use, I hear ya on the 48 hr thing and will try the hot sauce instead, these are great in the evening on a nice summer day with cold beer, oh hell both are good anytime lol

Tony

I tried it and they were great if you eat them asap... i found that the pickling solution turned a milky and unattractive colour and prawns went a bit mushy after a while.
had to throw them out... maybe needs more salt to firm them up?

I did try the pickled prawns posted by Firelight.... absolutely fantastic. Right out of the freezer and easy to peel they went into the brine fo 48 hours... Yum Very Mediterranean flavors.

Back